Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE NEED PLEASE!!!

i need help ... about immigration ... we just got married this year ... but we have a problem ... how to make him LEGAL here in US ... he entered illegally ... some people said that i can petition anybody legal/illegal , inside US or outside US ... but if he's in US ... i can still petition but he can't adjust status ... whats that mean ... or any advice how to file for petition on his case ... pls we really need help ... i dont want him to go back home ... pls help us ... thanks in advance

i need help ... about immigration ... we just got married this year ... but we have a problem ... how to make him LEGAL here in US ... he entered illegally ... some people said that i can petition anybody legal/illegal , inside US or outside US ... but if he's in US ... i can still petition but he can't adjust status ... whats that mean ... or any advice how to file for petition on his case ... pls we really need help ... i dont want him to go back home ... pls help us ... thanks in advance

Comment

You can petition for him, but he can not get legal in the US. No adjustment = no green card. He has to go to his home country and apply for an immigrant visa. He will probably be barred from returning to the US for 10 years. You can apply for a waiver. It takes around a year.

Comment

if he has entered without inspection he wont be able to adjust his status and get a GC even if u file petition for him... there are 2 options for him and you as well ...

1. stay illegal

2. go back to home country and file petition and waiver 601 ... as there will be 10 yrs bar on him as soon as he leaves USA.

Good luck. Pasha...

Comment

so what happen if i petition him ... even though that he can't adjust status ... if he's not gonna live the country ... he's still consider illegal?? .. even i petition him and got approve ... i don't him to be barred for 10 yrs ... if we applied the waiver he can't be barred?? ... thanks for your reply

Comment

Hello savannah,

If you file petition for him he wont be able to adjust status coz to adjust status you have to be in status at one time. So whats the use of filing petition ? I guess Gluhbirne has the same situation if I am not making mistake ...

10 yrs bar ( if overstayed / illegal stay > than 180 days ) kicks in once he leaves USA and if he doesn't leave the country ... he remains illegal which makes him ineligible to adjust status .... So once he leaves the country ... you will have to file petition .. well that you can even do while him being here ...and when petition gets approved meanwhile you will have to file waiver I 601 ( he will be outside USA) to forgive 10 yrs bar . it's a long process but there are people with successful I – 601 waiver ... you can ask "spouse" who was successful in I 601 .... She will give you right direction. By the way... where do you live in savannah ?

Good luck. Pasha

Comment

savannah,

You can file the I-130 (petition for alien spouse) for your husband. This does not make his presence here in the U.S. legal, but it starts the process for eventually getting him a legitimate legal status. After the I-130 is approved (6 months to a couple years, depending on where you live in the U.S.) he will have to go back to his country to have an interview. He cannot have an interview in this country because he entered illegally. (In other words, he can't adjust status here in the U.S.) When he goes back to his country, the bar WILL BE applied - there is no way to avoid this!! The only thing to do is to file the I-601 waiver, which effectively cancels the bar. Getting the 601 waiver approved depends a lot on which country your husband is from. If he's from Mexico, you're in luck... there's a very high approval rate in Mexico, and they do it relatively quickly (a few months as opposed to a year or more).

I'm in the same situation - my husband entered without inspection. He's from Mexico. I filed the I-130 for him in March 03 and am waiting for approval.

Esperanza

Comment

He's from the Philippines ... we live in CA right now ... so i can file I-130 then I601(waiver) if he lives US ... and how long that would take for him to get his interview outside US ... pls enlight me more ... thanks

Comment

ask spouse ... she knows a lot about it .... she will help you out...

you can find lot of info on www.immigrate2us.net also ... there is a post by spouse regarding I -601 waiver...which covers a lot .... u can do search on this board as well.... coz there are lots of posts for I 601 and mohan has given some very insightful things to know for succeeding in I -601...

good luck... u got to do work now ... searching stuff on this board and other...

Comment

Pasha Patel Where are you, Will you please cont at board. Thanks.

Comment

This post was from 2004...good luck with finding patel..
                      "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

HELLO TO YOU ALL ,
                        MY ADVICE DON'T WAIST ANYMORE MONEY ON USCIS.IF YOU ARE IN THE COUNTRY STAY ILLEGAL AND DON'T WAIST YOUR MONEY.I AM A CITIZEN OF A COUNTRY IN EUROPE LIVED FOR 14 YEARS IN THE U.S.BEFORE I MEET MY HUSBAND (HE IS THE BEST PERSON IN THE WORLD FOR ME AND THE LOVE OF MY LIFE)I HAD A VOLUNTARY DEPATURE ORDER BUT NEVER LEFT THE COUNTRY.HAD NO PLACE TO GO BACK TO EUROPE AND HAD TO THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE AND WELLBEING OF MY CHILD.SOME YEARS AFTER OUR MARRIAGE WE HIRED A ATTORNEY AND HE DID ALL THE PAPERWORK(I-130,I-485 AND WORK PERMIT) RECEIVED MY WORK PERMIT AND WAS WORKING FOR 2 YEARS AND EVERYTHING WAS OKAY ,UNTIL ONE DAY IN 2006 IMMIGRATION SO CALLED ICE CAME TO MY WORK PLACE AND PICKED ME UP.THEY FINALY FOUND OUT THAT I NEVER LEFT.MY HUSBAND AND CHILD ARE BOTH BORN US CITIZEN.GUESS WHAT THEY DEPORTED ME AND ALL WHAT THEY CALL YOU WHILE YOU UNDER THE CARE OF ICE ,A NUMBER ,A ***** .THEY DON'T CALL YOU BY NAMES.YOU ARE NOBODY,THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT PEOPLE OR OTHER LIFES.THEY LAUGH ABOUT CRYING MOMS.ANIMALS ARE MORE HUMAN WHEN THEY ARE.ME AND MY FAMILY WENT TO HELL AND STILL ARE THERE.WHAT ABOUT ALL THE CRIMINALS AND MURDER LIVE FREE IN THE USA.THAT IS OKAY.I HAVEN'T HURT OR KILLED ANYBODY AND BEING PUNISHED LIVING SEPARATED FOR 10 YEARS FROM MY CHILD AND HUSBAND.
                        WE HAD TO APPLY IN EUROPE AGAIN FOR ALL THE SAME PAPER ,PAID THE IN THE MEANWHILE RAISED APPLICATION FEES ,SO THE COULD DENY THE VISA(THE 10 YEAR BAR)PAID ON THE SPOT, THE TIME OF MY VISA INTERVIEW $ 1200 THE ,FEE FOR THE I-212 AND I-601 WAIVER.SUBMITTING THE DOCTORS PROOF OF MY HUSBAND HEALTH CONDITION AND OTHER SUPPORTING LETTERS FROM CHURCH,FRIENDS AND MY LAST WORK PLACE.THE **** HERE IN EUROPE DENIED IT BOTH.ONE MORE SAMPLE WHAT USCIS STANDS FOR.THE BIGGEST FRAUD THERE IS ON EARTH,A MULTIBILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS MADE OF ALL THE PEOPLE THEY FILE THE PAPERWORK TO BE LEGAL.FILING JUST MAKE IT EASIER FOR THEM TO PICK YOU UP AS YOU GOT TO PROVIDE YOUR ADDRESS ON ALL THE APPLICATION.THEY WILL NOT APPROVE ANY WAIVER UNTIL YOUR SPOUSE OR CHILD IS LAYING ALMOST DEAD IN A HOSPITAL BED.SO MUCH FOR HUMANITY,FAMILY UNITY AND PROTECT US CITIZEN AND CHILDREN.EVERYTHING A BIG,BIG LIE.
                        LOTS OF LUCK TO EVERYBODY WHO STILL LIKE TO WAIST MONEY.

Comment

Hello davdah ,

thank you for your reply.I broke the law ones, follow the law and we filed everything possible in that country.Last all our savings and hope.

No in the country I am from if you married ,you get your green card after 2 months and don't pay a cent for it.If not married you got to find a job in order to stay. Everybody is getting a work permit right away in order to find a job.But here is the bad thing,that in my country are almost 5 million people unemployed and about 150000 citizen leave every year, as they are for many years without a job and can't get one.( age restriction and not enough jobs)That is the main reason I left 14 years ago as I had back then no job and everything got worste here now.
                          That is a missunderstanding.I did not call the immigration law a joke as there need to be a law in every country.But the fact that the so called 601 waiver are offerd is one.If you read what we had as supporting document's you understand what we talking about.I don't offer something when I only approve it in the case that a human is almost dead.That is the money part programmed in advance.
                          We got no more money to even visit each other.With all respect there should be nothing to support at all,to prove extrem hardship.Forcing 2 U.S. citizen to live alone in the US and the husband/wife and dad/mother is forced to live fare away in a different country.That fact alone is prove enough for the hardship to the US citizen.In addition the health condition,mentally and physically pain and suffering.
                          USCIS is stressing that word "you broke the law"without giving that person a change to explain the situation in front of a judge.You know how life situation can change over a time of many years?
                          I am talking here for my family and million of other US citizen suffering under that law.That is why the 601 waiver isn't a second change, for nobody as the condition to be approved are unhumane.
                          What do you have to say how ICE is treating people?They show no respect to others.Many of illegal immigrants are no criminals.But many criminals get a better treatment and don't sit behind bars for 10 years ,being separated from there families.Most of them never see a jail from the inside.They are free and live a happy life.Of course if you are famous and rich enough,the law is always in your favorite.
                          Is the law on the site of the criminals or the honest working US citizen?The ones they live in peace,paying there taxes and raising there children?
                          Homeland security and USCIS supposed to protect US citizen and children but they don't care.The law prevent those US citizen from having the basic human right to have a family and live together.I am not a criminal, was living and working legal in the U.S.
                          Our friends,church member are all taxpaying US citizen and the feel the same.It can't and should not be the intention of the law to destroy lifes for a reason like that.
                          Don't understand me wrong,we are not angry about the law just the way it is enforced in real life.I did a mistake and we suffer, but if USCIS offer (the I-601 waiver)by you called as a chance to go back home ,they should approve and not just take the money.In our case the requirement for extrem hardship are fullfilled on several counts.
                          I don't know, you are a man or woman ,but for sure you got something to do whith the law?
                          I like to ask you just one more question:
                          Imaging you are a husband/wife and father/mother,your husband/wife get deported and after you tried everything by law to get your husband/wife back home,got now no more money to vist him/her and your child has to grow up the next 9 years without a dad/mom.
                          WHAT WOULD YOU DO ??????????

Comment

ur right and i agree with u 100% and iam very sorry for u ,,,well u made a mistake by not leaving the country bcoz that would made it alot easier for u to come back,,,but i agree about the way they treat ppl .they r bunsh of stupid animals ,,and they r the ones who breaks the law all the times..not all of them but alot of them ,i seen this before.i was in a store one time when ICE busted ppl inside and i saw how they treat ppl..they dont have to be very nice,,but they dont have to be ****s too..one guy was asking them to take him to his house bcoz he nedd it his heart medication and they asked him where he was from and he said cuba and then they said ur not going anywere,,if u want ur medication call castro ...and that was really sad,,yea he is illegal but u dont have to be **** like that,,and i saw that..no one have told me the story...but forget about him,,,the idea of breaking up family's is a disaster,,there is laws and rules should be followed ,,but sometimes the rules it self force the ppl to break it ...by making it complicated ...i lost my legal status bcoz of a stupid donkey lawyer who screwed me and god knows that...and i been stuck outside the u.s for the last 15 months ,,and my wife needs me just like ur husband needs u and she have a serious heart condetion also,,,but i will never think about crossing illegaly which i can ..i rather wait 2 years but not crossing illegaly,,,but sometimes the setuation force us to break the law...if u cross illegaly i cann't blaim u...if u cross illegaly to get a job i will say that ur an illegal alien and u deserve to be deported,,but if u cross to be with ur son, i cann't blaim u ...so it's really really hard to judge ppl by their actions sometimes,,bcoz sometimes ppl have their reasons for doing things..i have an i-130 was denied for no legal reason ,,they lost half of my file at the local office and recently they addmit it to my wife 2 weeks ago that they lost my appeal at the local office and they said they cann't do anything about it bcoz the BIA dont care who lost it,,so we have to start all over again,,ther tryed to blaim my wife and when she showed them the reciept and the date then they said,,well someone lost it in here and we never filed it to the BIA ..they make mistakes but there is nothing u and me or anybody can do about it ....uscis have deported citizen by mistake more than 30 time in the last 5 years,,citizens ...not PR ..citizens ,,,they make mistakes and this is why ppl should be very careful to deal with them,,bcoz any mistake then u can say bye bye for good even if u have 20 kids..they dont care about ur kids..criminals in state prison's are controling the guards and everybody inside,,they sell drugs and they kill each other and the guards sometimes are the ones who sells the drugs for them,,and when they finish their time,,the'r out free ..why..bcoz they'r citizens ,,why those ppl cann't be deported,,i dont care where ur from,,if ur criminal then ur a criminal and u will be for the rest of ur life,,why cann't they take the citizen away from them just like they take the green card away for DUI or over staying ...i feel bad for u from the bottom of my heart ..and dont give up,,,and i wish u a good luck and take care of ur self plz,,u will be ok someday ..iam sure u will

Comment

Mike I feel so,so sorry for you and your wife.Not enough that you are separated in addition they say that the lost the paper.It is just unbelievable how that system is working.Sounds like you had to leave the same time as me 15 months)
                              Your wife and my husband paying taxes and the people doing that cruelty to our families get paid exact from the same taxes.
                              Why do you want to wait 2 years and what is going to change after 2 years?Maybe you can give me a tip.Nobody will break our spirit and you will be together with your wife again.
                              You and me we know what we talk about it, as we experience all that in real life and not on a TV screen.
                              Wish you a nice day and hope to hear from you again.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation