Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do as a USC?

With the reform not passing, my question is now what can I do for my husband who is not legal here in the U.S. We were waiting to see what the outcome would be from Congress before petitioning, but since it failed we were told to lay low until after presidential election. If I were to start paperwork on my husband I was told he will be deported and the chances of him getting a Visa will be hard. Is this true?

With the reform not passing, my question is now what can I do for my husband who is not legal here in the U.S. We were waiting to see what the outcome would be from Congress before petitioning, but since it failed we were told to lay low until after presidential election. If I were to start paperwork on my husband I was told he will be deported and the chances of him getting a Visa will be hard. Is this true?

Comment

you will need to give a bit more info, where is your husband from, has he any criminal record, etc.,

Assuming your husband is from Mexico, you can file the I-130, he will eventually have to go to Mexico for the interview, if he EWI this will be denied, and he will have to asubmit a hardship waiver I-601.

Try out this website www.immigrate2us.net

They seem so know lots about the waivers.

Comment

Jake, thanks for the reply...No he's not Mexican he's from Honduras, and he has no criminal record. He's been here about 6 years, speaks English pretty well, and we've been married for 4months now. I know about the I-130 form, but that's what I'm afraid of is sending this information in and him being deported w/out looking at my petition for him. Please advise.

Comment

Jake, what is EWI stand for?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs