Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 pending over 2 yrs now...

I have been married over two years to my beautiful wife, waiting for my green card for 1.6 yrs, and have been told AGAIN its pending. My employment doc runs out at the end of June, but I have been told that everything has been approved for two months now, and dont want to spend ANOTHER $350 to renew since my green card is way past due. Does anyone have a clue on what is holding up my card? If everything is approved, the only thing I can think of is the immigration officer in Miami has not sent the I-485 paperwork off to the NSC. We have not been asked for any more paperwork since June 2007. The only status change in the last year has been my travel doc has been looked at 2 times in the last month. Why is anyone looking at that? Am I on the FBI name check list? When I asked the NSC to check into my case, I received a generic answer saying pending and wait 6 months more. If everything is approved, what is not approved on my I-485?? Is there any way to get a supervisor at the NSC when the customer service agent cant solve the problem? Help?

I have been married over two years to my beautiful wife, waiting for my green card for 1.6 yrs, and have been told AGAIN its pending. My employment doc runs out at the end of June, but I have been told that everything has been approved for two months now, and dont want to spend ANOTHER $350 to renew since my green card is way past due. Does anyone have a clue on what is holding up my card? If everything is approved, the only thing I can think of is the immigration officer in Miami has not sent the I-485 paperwork off to the NSC. We have not been asked for any more paperwork since June 2007. The only status change in the last year has been my travel doc has been looked at 2 times in the last month. Why is anyone looking at that? Am I on the FBI name check list? When I asked the NSC to check into my case, I received a generic answer saying pending and wait 6 months more. If everything is approved, what is not approved on my I-485?? Is there any way to get a supervisor at the NSC when the customer service agent cant solve the problem? Help?

Comment

You sound like a terrorist to me waiting to get his grubby hands on a green card so he can blow up a building. I know the pattern.

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!

Comment

Need more information on your case, as of today as follows:
        Your date of arrival, type of US Visa, date of your marriage.
        What paper work had been file so far with dates.
        After this info many board members can help you in finding the clue for this delays.

Comment

... and have you had an interview yet?

Comment

Yes,I did. The first at 11/08/06 and the second at 06/28/07.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes,I did. The first at 11/08/06 and the second at 06/28/07. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Gui,

Did they say you're approved after the interview?

there's also one OP here same case as you are
              in Miami. You may wanna get in touch with him.

try this link.

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/902603441/m/8...10898441#84010898441

Comment

Now you better contact your Senator the one who can help you is Mel Martinez, he must have his office at Miani, and before you contact Miami, find out from Orlando Office.
                Go to his web page you will find all info.

Comment

Hi speed_025,

No...They did not say a word about it, but, I know its true my laywer said that if they denied the case they have to do right away at the end of the interview...HOPE SO!!! The interview was June 28th 2007, and all we know that everything is approved, but the I485 is not, so why are they waiting to send the paperwork to the NSC for processing then?
                  The last officer just asked me to leave the room and keep talking with my laywer, who told me he found 2 descrepancies in our answers and i dont know what they are. The intervew was separate, my wife and I after her. The questions were very generecic like: Tell me about your wedding day? When and where did you have *** the first time? (rude question, by the way)Tell me about your bedroom? Thinks like that
                  Well, thanks for your interest in us! I am really frustrated with the system. I am thinking to write our representitive for se FLA who is Cuban, like my wife, but I dont want to upset the officier....

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When and where did you have *** the </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    Did you show pictures of when you had s e x ??? They always want to see those. Good questions to ask: Was it in the backseat of the car? How much did she charge you? Do you have any to show us for our examination?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gui:
                      I am really frustrated with the system. QUOTE]

IF YOU DON'T LIKE OUR SYSTEM, THEN GET OUT !!

Comment

Adam, I have been in the US since Oct 99, under a special visa thru the Brazilian Embassy until Oct 2004, then my tourist visa, which was good for 10 yrs, which expired in 2007. I used this to return to US from a home visit in Mar05 to enter the country, and was given 6 months to stay then. I was told by my lawyer that if I married my wife within a year of my entry back from Brazil, that I was still legal here. We married Feb 18th, 2006, and filed Mar 10th,2006 under Cuban Adj Act for my I-485, and so did my wife. She received her Permenant Resident card n Aug 2006, which I was supposed to receive also at the same time. But my paperwork was passed on to the California SC, then the Missouri SC, then the Chicago SC, then back to Miami, when our 1st interview was scheduled in Nov 2006. It was my understanding that the California SC was to process without interview due to a paperwork adjustment act of that time. I believe noone followed up with my paperwork in California, and they passed it to another SC.....I dont think we ever should even have had an interview, but we did.

Need more information on your case, as of today as follows:
                        Your date of arrival, type of US Visa, date of your marriage. Oct 99, Brazilian Embassy Visa until Oct 04, and 10 yr tourist visa 97-2007
                        We were married Feb 17th 2006, my wife lost our baby in Dec 2005 due to a
                        tubular pregentency, which we did not know she was pregnent til she had a
                        problem and had to rush her to the hospital! Very devestating to us, and
                        married soon after.

What paper work had been file so far with dates. I-485 under CAA Mar 2006, both my wife and I

She received her Green Card Aug 2006

Biometrics done in June 2006

I have a legal SS card since 2001, and my wife does since 2003

Employment Auth June 2006 and June 2007 for me. ( now they want again!)

Travel Auth July 2006 and July 2007 for me (now they want again!)

I should have followed my wifes status in Aug 2006, with a Green Card then..
                        But now I have paid approx $1000 for travel and work for 2007 and now they
                        want for 2008! Another $1000 when my process has been approved, but the
                        I-485 has not been passed on to the NSC for processing. I feel I am
                        paying for their delays, which I think is unfair. Everything is approved
                        except the officer passing the I-485 on for processing. How can I get the
                        paperwork off his desk so I can have my green card. How do you get someone
                        to make exceptions or dig into your case when it is way past their published
                        processing times? We have called the NSC and put in two requests now for
                        status. The NSC handbook states they will contact the field office, find
                        out what the delay is, and why.... and inform me what needs to be done to
                        complete my case since it way out of the normal processing times. But the
                        answer we received was the generic blow off message that it is pending and
                        wait 6 months AGAIN. We are tired of waiting, We want to get on with our
                        lives, I would like to get into a nursing program, but cant due to my
                        status... I can, but it would be very expensive and we are running out of
                        money..... any direction you can give me would be much appreciated! thanx

After this info many board members can help you in finding the clue for this delays.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Does anybody actually respond to your "son of a *****" questions??? You must really be frustrated that nobody really cares what you think... <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
                          [QUOTE]Originally posted by Gui:
                          I am really frustrated with the system. QUOTE]

IF YOU DON'T LIKE OUR SYSTEM, THEN GET OUT !! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hi speed_025,

No...They did not say a word about it, but, I know its true my laywer said that if they denied the case they have to do right away at the end of the interview...HOPE SO!!! The interview was June 28th 2007, and all we know that everything is approved, but the I485 is not, so why are they waiting to send the paperwork to the NSC for processing then?
                            The last officer just asked me to leave the room and keep talking with my laywer, who told me he found 2 descrepancies in our answers and i dont know what they are. The intervew was separate, my wife and I after her. The questions were very generecic like: Tell me about your wedding day? When and where did you have *** the first time? (rude question, by the way)Tell me about your bedroom? Thinks like that
                            Well, thanks for your interest in us! I am really frustrated with the system. I am thinking to write our representitive for se FLA who is Cuban, like my wife, but I dont want to upset the officier.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Gui,

The way your interview was done. I think it might take a while. The questions they asked you
                            are too intense meaning they are suspecting your marriage. But since you said they didn't send you a Notice of Intent to Deny, your case might take longer meaning they are still investigating your case.

Renew your EAD to keep your legal status while waiting. And there's nothing wrong If you seek help from your senator, there some OP here whose case are pending in Miami.

However , mine is just a personal advice.
                            Your lawyer still knows better.

I hope things get better for you.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs