Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage based AOS interview: Detroit office

Our interview is scheduled for April 11; we would be much obliged if you kindly share your AOS interview experiences for Detroit office. Also, what are the advantages of taking a lawyer with us? Is it really worth it (as in he/she makes a difference) or more of a peace of mind thing? Thanks much folks.

Our interview is scheduled for April 11; we would be much obliged if you kindly share your AOS interview experiences for Detroit office. Also, what are the advantages of taking a lawyer with us? Is it really worth it (as in he/she makes a difference) or more of a peace of mind thing? Thanks much folks.

Comment

Mine was employment based ... but to bring a Lawyer with you is definately a smart thing to do. You never know what kind of person you will face ... they are, after all human, like us.

There were few technical thing that i could 'nt have answered, what my lawyer did.
      Just IMHO.

Yousaf

Comment

Thanks Rauf. Anybody else?!

Comment

Mine was marraige based interview in detroit in march 2003.

It wasnt a typical case as my husband was in deportation proceedings se we had the Stoke's interview.

The Adjudicating officer was a witch and interviewed us individually...

Hope everything goes well! Let me know if you have any questions! I will be happy to answer! How long did it take for you to schedule and appointment

Comment

Thanks much Judy. Wow...so you been there, done that, eh? Individual interview, nonethelss! Do enlighten on the questions, will ya please? I applied end of Oct 2004, got a receipt date of Nov 2, had the fingerprints done in December and got the interview letter in the last part of January. It's going to be a nailbiter for sure!

Comment

relax!
              I think yours wont be as ugly as mine! We were intervirewed by the officer by the last of Baazi. She was a little witch!

Hope you dont get her, Let me know we went. Just go through your lifes and make sure there are no discrepencies.

Also take as much paper work you can. Give the officer photo copies. Are you taking a lawyer? All the lawyer can do is sit on the side and listen. I wish you best of luck and my prayers are with you. Let me know the outcome!

Comment

Our marriage based interview in Detroit was in Dec. 2004. It was a breeze. the woman asked us for the documents we brought, tax returns, mortgage, insurance etc. She put them in our file, asked how we met, asked my husband questions that she read off a sheet of paper like "have you ever been convicted of a felony etc. and then she stamped the paperwork approved. His medical exam wasn't back yet and we sent that in the next day and 10 days later received his green card and the approval of the AOS in the mail on the same day. The interview lasted all of 5 minutes. Don't worry about it. If you are honest and a genuine couple it shows.

Comment

Judy and Evengord, muchas gracias ladies for your words of wisdom. So taking a lawyer really doesn't pay off? Let me get this right, the lawyer is not allowed to participate in the interview? Then I don't think I'll waste $600. I'm having a rotten day so far...got the ax at my job today, talk about incovenient timing! I'm freaking out about the I-864. When I sent in the I-485 we were fine incomewise. Even with the taxes we just filed for 2004, we were above the poverty guideline ($15612). So I have to get a new I-864 now? The interview letter clearly states to bring pay stubs within last two months of interview date, and letter from employer. If I don't find another job in the meantime, I guess that leads to a denial. I don't have the luxury of joint sponsors. Any advice?

Comment

Your spouse is your sponser correct? When we were interviewed, although they took my husbands pay stubs also, it was my stubs that they were interested in because I was the sponser. I personally just barely made the minimum to sponser even though my husband made many times that but it was my pay that counted. If your spouse is your sponser and has made that minimum amount required to sponser you, you will be fine albeit poor! Good luck in the job search. That was a stress you didn't need right now huh?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation