• Show
Clear All

• American Women Ordered To Wear Hijab!

Koller, watch out, you could be next.

Comment

This future of America under Obama, Pelosi, Reid

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got it all wrong! This "order" is for psychological reasons (and very smart I might add). I think it is great that they have found an angle to start a dialog and to get to the local people this way.

You ought to be proud of your service women in headscarfs! Plus, I think these to "c.hicks" look pretty cool with the scarfs and the shades.
        “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

KollerDumb will agree to anything that's against the western world. You broke your own record in STUPIDITY!!!

Comment

I disagree, America women in Afghanistan should be an example of freedom and equality before the law, not submitting to second class citizenship. Would you tell black Americans to act as second class citizens if it was good "physcologically?"

But you missed the important point, is that the precedent has been set for second class citizenship ordered by the government for women.

It is also interesting that when American women diplomats are in such countries the government prohibited them from covering up. They had to be an example publically of equality between the sexes.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
              I disagree, America women in Afghanistan should be an example of freedom and equality before the law, not submitting to second class citizenship. Would you tell black Americans to act as second class citizens if it was good "physcologically?"

But you missed the important point, is that the precedent has been set for second class citizenship ordered by the government for women.

It is also interesting that when American women diplomats are in such countries the government prohibited them from covering up. They had to be an example publically of equality between the sexes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honey, if you are a soldier, you are going to wear far more and other things the government orders...whether you like it or not. If you don't want to do what the government tells you to (while you are G.I), don't join the service.

I personally think it's a good idea to get through to the people. I don't know of any diplomats being ordered not to cover up - haven't done the research and don't want to do it. I know that heads of state, when representing do cover up in certain circumstances.

I have not missed the point...I don't think you have one.
              “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

The hijab is not part of the uniform of any of our services. It is a religious garment and the order was clearly illegal, but also immoral and a violation of the separation of mosque and state.

Comment

The hijab is not part of the uniform of any of our services. It is a religious garment and the order was clearly illegal, but also immoral and a violation of the separation of mosque and state. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, OK, looks like you win! The book tells separation of church and state you right! When you're right you're right! I am the last to not admit when someone is right. I didn't think of it that way. However, the idea of it is to get through to the people and that, according to the article seems to work. So, what's wrong with a little bending of the rules if it is for the better. Stop being such a grouch.

Comment

...I didn't think of it that way...bending the rules a little bit... somebody is taking an overdose of stupidity pills

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NO AMNESTY!!!:
                      ...I didn't think of it that way...bending the rules a little bit... somebody is taking an overdose of stupidity pills </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW: You are answering to this post like it's written for you. It's not....stupid.

Comment

you are so right kollerDUMB, your opinions are super sized stupid, now go wear your towel over your head and bend your own laws a little bit.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation