Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes Mike

advanced parole is for when you have not had your interview yet , and leaving the country without permission may result in abandonment of adustment of status. AP is not a guarantee that you will be allowed back into the country.

Always best to have approval and green card before you travel. Save the fees for AP as it is not needed.

Comment

hmmmm,,why did i lost u in this one 4now,,when u get ur 2 years card u dont need advance perole,,,and when u file 751 u dont need it either ,,so who needs it then?

Comment

what interview,,ok she had her interview at the u.s counsolate,,and now shes getting her 2 years card so she dont need AP and then she will remove the condetion on her card and when they stamp the 751 sh doesn't need it either right?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lostinvn:
          My wife will soon get her 2 year green card. My question; Can she now work or will she have to file for EAD to be able to go get a job? She has a SS card.

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          It appears the question has never been answered. When you wife obtains the green card, she will be allowed to work without the EAD. The EAD can be used when the petition is being processed. You should have filed the I-765 when you filed the I-485 and other necessary paperwork. But the green card allows an immigrant the right to work without very little restrictions.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

She plans to travel to Vietnam in mid 2008 so I guess, We should do the AP along with the GC before she leaves?

Thanks folks! =-)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed