Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card and work?

My wife will soon get her 2 year green card. My question; Can she now work or will she have to file for EAD to be able to go get a job? She has a SS card.

Thanks!

My wife will soon get her 2 year green card. My question; Can she now work or will she have to file for EAD to be able to go get a job? She has a SS card.

Thanks!

Comment

was she an immigrant or what?

Comment

what is her status?how did she entered?on cr-1 k-3? and how soon she will get her card,,if she's getting her card soon then she dont need the EAD ,,

Comment

She arrived June 1 2007 on a K-1 fiance visa after a 3 year battle to get her here.

Comment

i really need to interview someone for a college paper. it has to be someone from a different country, one other than canada, ireland, britain or australia who has only lived in america for 1 - 5 years. i really really would appreciate it if you or someone you know could do the interview. thanks for your time.

Comment

yes she needs the EAD then,,but let me ask u this plz,,how did u know that she's getting her card soon? bcoz if this is true then she doesn't the EAD,,,

Comment

doesn't need

Comment

We had the AOS interview and we complied with all USCIS asked for. I checked my case # number and they said they had ordered the production of the card and it will arrive in 30 days from date of their posting the updated status. 3 years of hell with the consulate in HCMC but well worth having her home now...

Comment

congrat man,,well,,if this is the case then no,,she doesn't need the EAD,,she's a legal PR and she can get a job anywhere she want with her green card.

Comment

3 years for k-1 process?jesus

Comment

What about is she wants to travel back to Vietnam do you think problems will come when she leaves or when she wants to come back to USA?

Thanks!

Comment

no problim when she leave,,but she will have a problim when she tryed to reenter,,,dont make this mistake,,she will need to file the i-131(advance parole),,and they will give her a 1 year reentery permint,,if she leaves without getting it,,she might lose her status and she will be denied entery

Comment

Tell your wife to wait the 30 days to get her greencard.

she will not need to get advance parole as she has been approved for a greencard. just make sure she has card before she leaves the country.

She will not have any problem getting back into usa with her greencard.

Comment

how come 4now?bcoz she's getting the condetional card?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation