Crossing into Mexico by car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are no optipns , he over stayed and he will be deported if he gets cought, getting married is the solution for his problim

Comment

its clear, he entered on a tourist visa, over stayed, not married, no hardship in the case if he gets cought, so no relief at the court and he will be deported, the only way to get away with this is to marry a u.s citizen and the over staying part wont be an issue

Comment

I do realize your point Aneri.

that's why I told her to think about it
        if she wanna go through it.

Comment

Thank you for all of your responses so far. It seems that marriage would be the easiest way to solve our problem, but like Aneri said, we are not at that stage yet and besides, he hasn't asked me If we continue on with our relationship here, then marriage might be something we both want a year, two years from now. I can't predict the future though, and we are still getting to know eachother. I just wish we could be free to have our relationship without all the worry.

-Speed - this I-94 you talk about and his tourist visa, are these stamps in the passport or attached papers? He carries his passport on him constantly and has shown it to me before, but I can't remember what was in there. I will ask to look at it again when I see him, but am I looking for a stamp or a piece of paper?

While I'm at it, I have another question that maybe someone knows the answer to. Can he, or is it smart to travel by plane within the USA? We may want to take a vacation soon. Obviously, he can't come with me out of the country anywhere, but can he fly, say to California or Florida without having problems? Or should we just drive for vacation?

Please post if anyone knows of any other options that could be available to us in our situation. Thank you!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Speed - this I-94 you talk about and his tourist visa, are these stamps in the passport or attached papers? He carries his passport on him constantly and has shown it to me before, but I can't remember what was in there. I will ask to look at it again when I see him, but am I looking for a stamp or a piece of paper? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The visa is usually stamp on the passport
            1-94 is a document they usually attached at the fort of entry. ( this is the Arrival/Departure Record).

As for your other question, Im not sure of other Airports, In some States, TSA is very strict in checking. If your boyfriend doesn't have a Driverse license or a state ID ... chances are they would check on his visa on his passport.He might be in deep questioning by Customs and Border Protection.

Once again Orion only get into marriage if you are ready and sure about it.... and wish you
            goodluck!

Comment

It looks like we will be driving if we go on vacation then, because he only has a Brazilian driver's license and no state id. =(

Thanks again Speed!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed