Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I130 and I485 Inquiry

Hi All, I am really confused and will need any help. I came here in June 2007 on B1/B2 and got married to my US Citizen wife in Dec 2007. We file the I130 in the same December due to the lack of funds to do it concurrently. When we got the approval notice for the I130, we filed the I485, I131 and I765 with a copy of the approval notice of the I130. After two week of sending out the package we received the NOA and appointment for biometric. I have already done the biometric about three days ago. My problem here is this: Will we be interview separately for the I485 and the I130 since it was filed separately or will we just be interview at once for the I485 since the I130 is approved and sent to the National Visa Center already for my visa number?
    Secondly, since I am not to work and do not have a SS#; what are the joint access my wife and I are to take to the interview. I cannot open an account with my wife now or get a joint lease agreement because of the lack of SS#?
    Can anyone help me?

Hi All, I am really confused and will need any help. I came here in June 2007 on B1/B2 and got married to my US Citizen wife in Dec 2007. We file the I130 in the same December due to the lack of funds to do it concurrently. When we got the approval notice for the I130, we filed the I485, I131 and I765 with a copy of the approval notice of the I130. After two week of sending out the package we received the NOA and appointment for biometric. I have already done the biometric about three days ago. My problem here is this: Will we be interview separately for the I485 and the I130 since it was filed separately or will we just be interview at once for the I485 since the I130 is approved and sent to the National Visa Center already for my visa number?
    Secondly, since I am not to work and do not have a SS#; what are the joint access my wife and I are to take to the interview. I cannot open an account with my wife now or get a joint lease agreement because of the lack of SS#?
    Can anyone help me?

Comment

Hello Lee123,

Welcme to ILW!

You will only have one interview.

hope u don't mind my asking...

When is your interview?

How long did you know each other?

Comment

lee123, let me try to help out here some. speed is right you will only have one interview. there is never an interview for i130.

By the way, who is your sponsor? or does your wife make enough money? you don't need all that stuff to prove that your marriage is bona fide. it helps but not required. however you will need stuff to show that the two of you are indeed in a bona fide marriage.

good luck!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by floyd:
          there is never an interview for i130.!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Some people do get called for I-130 interview. However, that does not happen after its appproval. So, Lee123, you wan't have that one... just for adjustment of status (I-485).

Since you applied for work authorisation, chances are (depending on your local office) that you'll get one before the interview. With that document you can get SSN#, and add your name to your wife's accounts...

You did not provide detailed time line. If your authorised stay (date on I-94) expired before you sent I-485, you were out of status. If that's the case, do NOT use Advanced Parole (I-131); do NOT leave the USA before you get green card.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation