Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need answers

I am a Canadian and have been visiting in Ohio for the last 2 months. I met someone here last August and have been driving back and forth, now we are getting married in a month. I do not have a fiance visa...only visiting! I realize we have to fill out all the correct forms. However, I would like to get a job as soon as possible and go back to Canada to visit my family. After we fill out forms...how long before I can work and visit Canada again? Am I giving up my pension in Canada by becoming a permanent resident in the US. Also, we were going to file in Columbus but were wondering if Cleveland would be quicker! So many things to worry about! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I am a Canadian and have been visiting in Ohio for the last 2 months. I met someone here last August and have been driving back and forth, now we are getting married in a month. I do not have a fiance visa...only visiting! I realize we have to fill out all the correct forms. However, I would like to get a job as soon as possible and go back to Canada to visit my family. After we fill out forms...how long before I can work and visit Canada again? Am I giving up my pension in Canada by becoming a permanent resident in the US. Also, we were going to file in Columbus but were wondering if Cleveland would be quicker! So many things to worry about! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

It takes 90 days for work authorization once the paperwork is filed and received. Then until your status is adjusted (you have a greencard) you must file for Advanced parole which will allow you to leave the country and return. Make sure yuou do not leave the country under any circumstances while you are waiting to adjust status.

Comment

if u want to visit your family back in canada i guess fiancee visa would be proper for you coz once u file here u will have to wait for AOS approval and once u get it u will have to get advance parole to leave USA ...good luck...

one more thing if ur spouse is canadian resident visitor .. u can go for Direct Consular filing and that will be the quickest way .... check this link out...

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=438

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed