X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process help

Hello,

Thank you every one in advance for taking some of you time and reading and maybe helping me with my question.

I just got married 3 weeks ago. My now wife came in to the US illegally across the border form Mexico. I am a US Naturalize Citizen and been in the US for 14 year with no criminal record. By the way my wife has a clean record too, she graduated high school and currently going to college. She is also 2 1/2 month pregnant.

My question is; what is the process to follow to get her immigration situation straight? what forms to fill up? and also I heard that in the process for her legal papers, she will have to leave the US. Is there any way to avoid from her to leave? taking in to count that the only reason she came was because her parents brought her when she was 13.

Once again thank you for all your time and help,

Marvin

Hello,

Thank you every one in advance for taking some of you time and reading and maybe helping me with my question.

I just got married 3 weeks ago. My now wife came in to the US illegally across the border form Mexico. I am a US Naturalize Citizen and been in the US for 14 year with no criminal record. By the way my wife has a clean record too, she graduated high school and currently going to college. She is also 2 1/2 month pregnant.

My question is; what is the process to follow to get her immigration situation straight? what forms to fill up? and also I heard that in the process for her legal papers, she will have to leave the US. Is there any way to avoid from her to leave? taking in to count that the only reason she came was because her parents brought her when she was 13.

Marvin

Comment

hi there... i don't believe that your wife can adjust status here in the USA. she must go back to her homeland to do the consular processing... the only thing i can suggest is either seek for a qualified lawyer, but I am pretty sure that he/she will say the same thing.... I know how hard it is.... The only thing that you might want is wait for an amnesty or extend the I-245 law(where people can pay a fee ($1000 and adjust status in the USA instead of going back home) or the guest worker program.... hopefully, some kind of amnesty again will help illegal aliens like your wife to be able to adjust status in the US...

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by torellan:
        Hello,

Marvin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The issue is not only leaving but also returning. She will be subject to a bar on admissibility of 3 yrs if she had unlawful presence in the USA of more than 180 days, and 10 years if she was unlawfully present in the USA for one year or more. You need competent immigration assistance. If you do not have a lawyer make sure you consult one or more that are proficient in EWI (entered without inspection) and hardship waivers.
        The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation