X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Clearance for I.485

Hi There folks and Happy Holidays:

My wife and I went and passed our Green-card interview on November 1st of 2004. Since then, We have been waiting for the security clearance. It has been 13 months, so every time I or our lawyer make an inquiry, we get a hand written note on the letter we sent saying "Security Clearance Still Pending"

What is this community's experience with this issue?

Is there anything one can do other than initiate an inquiry with BCIS to get some answers? I'm very proactive and resourseful. I just need some direction.

I do not have a character defect of "self-entitlment" I'm grateful I have had a chance to obtain my Ph.D. and teach in this country, i.e.I do not take this process for granted. However, my patience is wearing thin, as this security clearance process is putting a hold on my ability to travel internationally for business and pleasure. I did apply for a travel parole once, but it has expired.

Any thought or direction on this concern is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Younes

Hi There folks and Happy Holidays:

My wife and I went and passed our Green-card interview on November 1st of 2004. Since then, We have been waiting for the security clearance. It has been 13 months, so every time I or our lawyer make an inquiry, we get a hand written note on the letter we sent saying "Security Clearance Still Pending"

What is this community's experience with this issue?

Is there anything one can do other than initiate an inquiry with BCIS to get some answers? I'm very proactive and resourseful. I just need some direction.

I do not have a character defect of "self-entitlment" I'm grateful I have had a chance to obtain my Ph.D. and teach in this country, i.e.I do not take this process for granted. However, my patience is wearing thin, as this security clearance process is putting a hold on my ability to travel internationally for business and pleasure. I did apply for a travel parole once, but it has expired.

Any thought or direction on this concern is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Younes

Comment

I have same problem for Citizenship application. My interview was on July 8, 2005, my naturalization is pending name clearance since then. I am thinking about hiring a lwyer and taking it to court. This may be the only way to get it done. Where are you, I am in Washiington DC. I am trying to find other people in the same area who share same problem. We may be able to file a combined case. You can e-mail me at souna69@yahoo.com tahnks

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I'm San Francisco and mine is a GC pending since 11/01/04. My lawyer told me that a group here in the bay area which looking to take it to court. Other than a lawsuit, it seems a lawyer has little to do to influence the outcome of the name check security process.

Good luck.

Younes

Comment

i am waiting for an interview date for my husbands papers Iam an american we have been waiting for 6 months now. how long did you have to wait to get a date for an interview and are you saying that after that it will be years longer waiting on securtiy clearance?

Comment

hi younes, thanks for ur response, I agree with u, however, by reading other forums, I think taking the case to court or filing a "Writ of Mandamus" may expedite the case. Anyway good luck and keep in touch.

Comment

i have the same sitution obtain. my spouse filed an 1-31 on nov 29, 2004 and to date the travelling docs have not been approved. ive written the bcis and my senor senator. standard repsonse, "security clearance...." ive even had to file a 2nd 131 application for my spouse in october 2005 and still waiting...nothing else i can do...wehn u call that cust svc phone number, the automated system prompts u and then hangs up claiming, "due to a temporary problem, the call cannot be completed" or some message of that sort...THE FED HAVE ALRWQADY CASHED THE CHECKS FOR THE PPLICATION BUT DONT FEEL THEY HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO EXPEDITE THEESE APPLICATIONS.....FRUSTRATED!

Comment

Travel documents and work permit came two months after we filed. But, we had a lawyer file the applications and she did a stellar job at putting things together. WE filed on July 29th of 2004 and we were invited for an interview on November 1st, 2004. But, 13 months later, we are still waiting for security clearance.

Things vary from city to city, region to region and from case to case, as my lawyer says.

Younes

Comment

Hi Younes

Ditto was the case with me. But my security clearance got through in 9 months.
                  Check out this thread :
                  http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/...21#37410473921

All the Best,

-TJ
                  --TJ

Comment

Hello everyone, I also have same problem. My citizenship is pending because of pending name check. My interview was on 8/7/05. I've decided to file a complaint. I am in Washington DC. I contacted an immigration lawyer who wants to charge me $250 for an initial consultation and $250 per hour. I think this is very expensive. I need to know how much this case should cost me approximately. And, if a lawyer would charge me per hour, how many hours should I expect the case will take approximately from him? Please I need your help. Also, if anyone knows a good immigration lawyer who can file a complaint for me in Washington DC area (with a reasonable charge), please let me know. Thanks

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation