•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan's atrocities last WW2

This was passed to me by my fiance's brother:

Japanese man admits to human vivisection in WW II: report

A former medical officer in Japan's World War II Navy admitted to conducting vivisection in the Philippines on some 30 prisoners of war, including women and children, a news report said.

It was the first time such testimony had been given on experiments on human beings by a Japanese officer in the Philippines during World War II, Kyodo News reported late Saturday.

Similar experiments were conducted in northern China by the notorious germ warfare Unit 731, which was blamed for the deaths of up to 10,000 Chinese and Allied prisoners of war, the report added.

Akira Makino, 84, a former officer of the medical corps of the Imperial Japanese Navy's No. 33 patrol unit, said the experiments on live prisoners began in December 1944, shortly after he was assigned to Zamboanga air base in Mindanao.

Makino was ordered to take two local men captured as United States spies to a school which had been turned into a hospital, where they were undressed and tied to an operating table, Kyodo said.

Makino was told by his superior to insert a surgical knife into their bodies after the prisoners' faces were covered with an ether-soaked cloth so that they became unconscious.

"I thought ˜What a horrible thing I'm doing to innocent people even though I'm ordered to do it'," Makino told the news agency, after keeping the information secret for six decades.

The experiments, which included amputating arms and legs, suturing blood vessels and abdominal dissections, continued until February 1945, and resulted in the deaths of some 30 persons, including women and children, he said.

"After the experiments, the captives were strangled with a rope to make sure they were dead," he said, adding their bodies were buried and the deeds kept strictly secret.

"I would have been killed if I had disobeyed the order," Makino said. "That was the case in those days."

US forces landed on the Philippine island in March 1945, sending Japanese soldiers into hiding in the jungle.

Little Japanese testimony about what happened in Southeast Asia during the war has emerged. But the new information should throw light on Japan's malicious wartime acts, Kyodo said, quoting experts.

Makino has talked about his war experiences to elementary and junior high school students for the past several years without telling them about the human dissections.

He told Kyodo: "I want to tell the truth about the war to as many people as possible. If I'm given the opportunity, I'll continue to testify in atonement."

This was passed to me by my fiance's brother:

Japanese man admits to human vivisection in WW II: report

A former medical officer in Japan's World War II Navy admitted to conducting vivisection in the Philippines on some 30 prisoners of war, including women and children, a news report said.

It was the first time such testimony had been given on experiments on human beings by a Japanese officer in the Philippines during World War II, Kyodo News reported late Saturday.

Similar experiments were conducted in northern China by the notorious germ warfare Unit 731, which was blamed for the deaths of up to 10,000 Chinese and Allied prisoners of war, the report added.

Akira Makino, 84, a former officer of the medical corps of the Imperial Japanese Navy's No. 33 patrol unit, said the experiments on live prisoners began in December 1944, shortly after he was assigned to Zamboanga air base in Mindanao.

Makino was ordered to take two local men captured as United States spies to a school which had been turned into a hospital, where they were undressed and tied to an operating table, Kyodo said.

Makino was told by his superior to insert a surgical knife into their bodies after the prisoners' faces were covered with an ether-soaked cloth so that they became unconscious.

"I thought ˜What a horrible thing I'm doing to innocent people even though I'm ordered to do it'," Makino told the news agency, after keeping the information secret for six decades.

The experiments, which included amputating arms and legs, suturing blood vessels and abdominal dissections, continued until February 1945, and resulted in the deaths of some 30 persons, including women and children, he said.

"After the experiments, the captives were strangled with a rope to make sure they were dead," he said, adding their bodies were buried and the deeds kept strictly secret.

"I would have been killed if I had disobeyed the order," Makino said. "That was the case in those days."

US forces landed on the Philippine island in March 1945, sending Japanese soldiers into hiding in the jungle.

Little Japanese testimony about what happened in Southeast Asia during the war has emerged. But the new information should throw light on Japan's malicious wartime acts, Kyodo said, quoting experts.

Makino has talked about his war experiences to elementary and junior high school students for the past several years without telling them about the human dissections.

He told Kyodo: "I want to tell the truth about the war to as many people as possible. If I'm given the opportunity, I'll continue to testify in atonement."

Comment

And your point is?

Comment

the point is not to trust japs

Comment

Thanks sonofmichael. Dmartmar doesn't get my point...d u m b ! The Japs were our enemies before. They were the counterpart of the Nazi in Germany who committed similar atrocities.

Comment

You all realize that Makino was just following orders...

Comment

Well, we can also say that the Nazis were following orders.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, we can also say that the Nazis were following orders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Given the option of dying on the spot for refusing to follow orders or go along, thus increasing your chances of living; which one would you choose?

Comment

If we all follow your line of reasoning, then there will never be war criminals or crimes against humanities in the world.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If we all follow your line of reasoning, then there will never be war criminals or crimes against humanities in the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I don't know 'bout you, but if I can make it as far as seeing my grandkids grow up, I'll follow orders.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
                      the point is not to trust japs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      Oh great, A Japan basher

Take a look at the 442nd Rigamental Combat Brigade and the 100th Infantry battalion on how I would trust Japanese. And then rent the movie, "Rising Sun" with Sean Connery and Wesley Snipes. You might learn a thing or two, but perhaps not given your lack of intelligence.
                      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macyuhoo:
                        If we all follow your line of reasoning, then there will never be war criminals or crimes against humanities in the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        You should read the military culture in Japan during the 1930's and 1940's. It gives credence to dmartmar on "following orders."

A quote from the movie, "Rising Sun":
                        "The Japanese have a saying, "Fix the problem, not the blame." Find out what's ****ed up and fix it. Nobody gets blamed. We're always after who ****ed up. Their way is better."
                        Think about that.
                        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Hudson, you yourself is married to a Chinese. You know the atrocities these Japanese committed against China. Remember the "Rape of Nanking".

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macyuhoo:
                            Hudson, you yourself is married to a Chinese. You know the atrocities these Japanese committed against China. Remember the "Rape of Nanking". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            All incidents, based on Japan's viewpoint, has been addressed with the Treaty of San Francisco and with the Sino-Japan treaty.

BTW, I have taught my wife to look at the individual, not the group. But some people never learn.

Comment

Hudson, a group is composed of individuals; hence, we should look at both, individuals and group. Before you react, let me explain why. The atrocities and crimes committed by countries and other people against another go back long....centuries ago. Even the so called "conquer by religion" was rampant during the early times. We all heard about the great inquisition. The crimes and murders were committed not just by one group or groups, but by individuals who asserted their own selfish agendas...quite often...hatred, idiologies and beliefs.

Why the Japanese, specifically the Japanese Imperial Army, committed such inhuman acts cannot be tolerated until this day. Was or is there a sincere apology? Even if there were some compensation awarded to the victims, this was done more as a token and for political reasons. The Comfort Women abused and raped by the Japanese soldiers has not been fullly resolved until this day. These women were from China, Korea, Philippines and other Asian countries. I hope your wife's grandma or great grandma was not a victim. Tell me, did those Japanese soldiers follow order to rape these women? They did it on their own.

In order to learn from history with the hope that such brutal crimes are not committed again, we must look at groups and individuals. God gave us the freedom of choice, a conscience.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation