X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removal proceedures

Hi,
    I'm, under removal procedures. My court date is not earlier then 2005. What kind of rights do I have under removal proceedings? May I apply for work authorization? My I get a driver's license or a SSN?

Thanks!

Hi,
    I'm, under removal procedures. My court date is not earlier then 2005. What kind of rights do I have under removal proceedings? May I apply for work authorization? My I get a driver's license or a SSN?

Thanks!

Comment

It would be helpful to get more info if you gave us some facts. Why are you placed in removal proceedings? Did you ever have an Adj of Status based on marriage/work etc?

Is this an aslyum case that was denied? what are circumstances?

In general they would tell you if they will allow a EAD based on your case.

Comment

Illegal entrance to USA. I was cought. But I have more than a year before the court. What can I do at present time?

Comment

do what every other illegal does. Hide into society never to be seen again.

Only like less than 2% of removal folks actually show up for their trial. Trust me, they ain't even expecting you to show up!

-= nav =-

Comment

Hi skyfi

No you are not eligible for SSN or legal work permit. You are not inspected. You dont have any rights, not even before the IJ to be able to appeal a decision given.

Good Luck..

Moondin has offered you information.

Comment

It is important that you do attend to your hearing or you will be deported in absentia. There is zero tolerance. If you have no relief available, you may request voluntary departure.

Comment

Well, I'm not going to hide. I want to live in USA. I love this country and I'll do everything to stay here.
                However at mean time I don't even have an ID. My previouse ID has expired. Is there any way I can atleast get an ID. I cant just walk on the streets without any ID.

Please advise!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by skyfi:
                  Well, I'm not going to hide. I want to live in USA. I love this country and I'll do everything to stay here.
                  However at mean time I don't even have an ID. My previouse ID has expired. Is there any way I can atleast get an ID. I cant just walk on the streets without any ID.

DEPENDING ON WHAT COUNTRY YOU'RE FROM, YOU MAY BE ABLE TO GET AN ID FROM THE CONSULATE. MOST COUNTRIES ALSO ALOW PEOPLE TO RENEW THIER PASSPORTS FROM ABROAD.

Thanks!
                  Have a nice day

Comment

Do not follow mondoon's advise. As you were told by another person in this thread, too, you need to document your departure or even an eventuel (but unlikely) amnesty, that's why it is very imprtant that you do not miss any corrospondence with the bureau if you want any future in this country. If they tell you to leave, consult a few attorneys and make a decision. Most likely you will have to leave and adjust from abbroad if you have a basis for adjustment.

I'm guessing from the date that you were giving (instead of being removed immediatly) that you're some sort of a borderline case or have been here for a very long time (minimum 12+ yrs ), or have been at least here since early childhood/adolecense. My guess is also that the Dream Act will most definitly and more likely be passed before elections are over so hang in there and good luck!

Comment

Pandora

Next time u decide to misquote me Pandora.. make sure u use my name.. just so there is no mistake. I gave the poster an accurate answer for his question. He does not have any rights. It's that simple. He already knows he has to show up for his hearing. He asked what else he could do and Moondin offered him information in good ole Moondin style.

I did not tell the poster to follow Moondin's advise or not to follow Moondin's advice. I merely noted that Moondin offered him information. It is not relative whether I condone or do not condone the advice. I simply stated a fact. If I wanted to tell him to go hide.. I would just tell him that. It's his decision whether he goes to hearing or if he decides to hide. He asked for options.He got them.

Get your facts straight.. and quit speculating.. and doing dreamscapes.why dont you just ask the poster what were the circumstances instead of using the crystal ball method.

sorry folks ... 4wow took over

Comment

Yikes, somebody get control of IT

Comment

Well, I actually asked whether I can get DL or work permit, not what should I or shouldn't do. So please do not start arguments about it. I apreciate everyones help!

Pandora:

I've entered on 1998. I was 17 years old crossing a border.
                          Now, where will they deport me? To the country I crossed the border from or the country of my citizenship?

Thank you very much!

Comment

well, sorry skyfi, 4now must have mixed up this forum for her day soap opera or something, I have no idea what she's talking about, since I was neither quoting her nor refering to anything she posted...

anyway:
                            You're removable and this is still a big possibility, but you may have some venues available IF some relief passes (which in my humble opinion will most definitly happen in your good ol' election year!).

Now, your chances will increase if you have a U.S. high school diploma (or a equavalence of it). If you remain removable, you may be granted voluntary deprt. (which makes it easier to come back). BCIS prefers to sent you back to the country of citizenship, occasionaly they will abide by your wish and ability to go to a third country of your choice.

Watch the laws carefully and consult an attorney if something suitable passes!

Comment

They are right. Don't miss the trial and the best thing to do is stay low. You need to consult a lawyer about what to do until your court date but in my oppionion you should leave voluntarily. If you have good reasons to want to live here then they should give you some type of Visa. Trying to get around the laws will only get you into that much more trouble.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation