X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swissnut
    replied
    If he's a USC, then I'd presume he can petition for his alien wife, in conjunction with pending petitions for his immigrant parents, as long as he can (or he, plus a co-sponsor) still meet the Affidavit of Support requirements.

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    Right you are Swiss. Good catch. I need my coffee this morning!

Leave a comment:

• swissnut
    replied
    ...according to USCIS...

Who is Eligible to Sponsor a Parent?
    If you are a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years old, you are eligible to petition to bring your parents to live and work permanently in the United States.

If you are a lawful permanent resident, you are not eligible to petition to bring your parents to live and work permanently in the United States.

As an LPR, he could petition for an alien wife, but not for parents, as I read the above.

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    Nope, he could be an LPR.

Leave a comment:

• swissnut
    replied
    Sphyrapicus:

I imagine her husband must be a USC, if I am interpretting the information correctly. She said he petitioned shortly after his 21st birthday for immigrant parents, so wouldn't that mean he had to be a USC?

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    Not enough information to answer. Is the spouse a USC?

Leave a comment:

• noname
    replied
    Can anoyne help,if my spouse filed for both his parents immediately after his 21st birthday,even though he was dependent on them,but filed the petition,can he file a petition anytime for me,his wife,who is an immigrant?

Leave a comment:

• noname
    started a topic noname

noname

Can anoyne help,if my spouse filed for both his parents immediately after his 21st birthday,even though he was dependent on them,but filed the petition,can he file a petition anytime for me,his wife,who is an immigrant?
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney