Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone know where my friend can buy a squat toilet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone know where my friend can buy a squat toilet?

My friend is from India. He's building a house and his wife who is also from India wants a squat toilet. Does anybody know whether you can buy a squat toilet set in the US?

For those who don't know what a squat toilet is, here's an explanation.

A squat toilet is a toilet where the user squats.

The squat toilet is where the user puts his or her feet on foot rests; the user faces the entrance to the cubicle; it is prevalent in Turkey, France, Italy, Balkans and, more often, in the former USSR.

In India such a toilet is widely used and is referred to as the Indian water closet. It is also used in the Middle East and can be found in rural areas of Greece and Italy. This toilet is prevalent throughout most of South East Asia.

Squat toilets can be a shock to people used to sit-down toilets, and may be difficult to use for the unwary, especially if on trains or ships.

Squatting is the oldest known mode of human defecation. They are cheaper to clean and maintain.
    They induce rapid user turnover (no time lost due to people reading newspapers, resting, etc.).
    The splashing of water on the buttocks after a heavy defecation does not occur.
    They do not involve any contact between the bare skin and a potentially dirty surface.
    They are less vulnerable to vandalism than western-style toilets.

Arguments against squat toilets include:
    If one is not balanced properly, one can easily slip and fall;
    The toilet and the floor around it can be soiled by explosive diarrhea or simply bad aim;
    Problematic for people with osteoarthritis of the knee;
    Splatter on legs and feet;
    Inconvenient when wearing pants that don't slip off over shoes;
    One could get leg cramps;
    A common argument against the squat toilet is that if toilet paper is used where there is no flushing system installed, it is easy for the inexperienced user to clog the toilet. Those unfamiliar with the squat toilet should be sure to ask the location of the flushing bucket before attempting use. These buckets flush the toilets manually like a tank would.

My friend is from India. He's building a house and his wife who is also from India wants a squat toilet. Does anybody know whether you can buy a squat toilet set in the US?

For those who don't know what a squat toilet is, here's an explanation.

A squat toilet is a toilet where the user squats.

The squat toilet is where the user puts his or her feet on foot rests; the user faces the entrance to the cubicle; it is prevalent in Turkey, France, Italy, Balkans and, more often, in the former USSR.

In India such a toilet is widely used and is referred to as the Indian water closet. It is also used in the Middle East and can be found in rural areas of Greece and Italy. This toilet is prevalent throughout most of South East Asia.

Squat toilets can be a shock to people used to sit-down toilets, and may be difficult to use for the unwary, especially if on trains or ships.

Squatting is the oldest known mode of human defecation. They are cheaper to clean and maintain.
    They induce rapid user turnover (no time lost due to people reading newspapers, resting, etc.).
    The splashing of water on the buttocks after a heavy defecation does not occur.
    They do not involve any contact between the bare skin and a potentially dirty surface.
    They are less vulnerable to vandalism than western-style toilets.

Arguments against squat toilets include:
    If one is not balanced properly, one can easily slip and fall;
    The toilet and the floor around it can be soiled by explosive diarrhea or simply bad aim;
    Problematic for people with osteoarthritis of the knee;
    Splatter on legs and feet;
    Inconvenient when wearing pants that don't slip off over shoes;
    One could get leg cramps;
    A common argument against the squat toilet is that if toilet paper is used where there is no flushing system installed, it is easy for the inexperienced user to clog the toilet. Those unfamiliar with the squat toilet should be sure to ask the location of the flushing bucket before attempting use. These buckets flush the toilets manually like a tank would.

Comment

I would suggest visiting some Pak-India stores to see if any company imports the squat toilets. From what I know, China, India, Pakistan, most M/E countries etc utilize this type of toilet.

After a quick google search, I came up with this:
      http://www.healthegoods.com/squattoi...FRlWNAodQmvPtg

The question is having the plumbers install the device and whether it meets current specs. I would also suggest talking to home depot or Lowes and try to explain the situation as cultural, rather than medical. But from the web site, medical can also be used.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Squat sh-itt-er is illegal in USA.
        Unless the House makes it legal.

Comment

Oh, defecate we can !

Comment

defecate we may only as the Congress deemed it proper.

Comment

Don't we have Freedom of Defecation?

Comment

Where's Michael when you need him

Comment

many thanks for the information. i'll pass it onto my friend. being from india, i have to admit that i feel very comfortable with a squat toilet. i know many indians who prefer using squat toilets. for example, my friend from india told me that his wife (who is also from india) and their parents would rather squat on a western toilet. many indian customers who patronize my restaurants have asked us to convert to a squat toilet.

to all the indian immigrants on this board, please let me know if i'm in the minority. for some reason, my wife and i couldn't get used to the western toilets even though we have been here for over 30 years!

Comment

hmmm

Did the ancient squat toilitnoid evolve into the modern day westernized toilet that we have today in north america? Now this I think is an prime example of evolution.. however I dont think the evolution that took place was a better model than the old one. perhaps american need reverse evolution on this one. what do you think Ip

Comment

Where's Michael when you need him
                      **** on Michael!

Comment

I can not imaging it would comply with US Building codes.

They also have them in France.

Comment

Where is Pasha Patel?

He is the right guy to consult as he had PhD in ST Designing

Comment

My advice is to dig a hole in your back yard. No illegal toilets, until the Congress passes the bill!!!!

Comment

It is so Ordered by the Emperor Michael of ILW.COM that no man shall **** unless ordered otherwise

Actually there was one Roman Emperor who issued edict ordering all of his subjects to f-a-r-t loudly in public (This was for health-related concerns, as many people would get cramps and stomach-aches, for being too ashamed to let their gases go).

May We All Defecate In Peace!

IE

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs