Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship interview. WTF!!!

Just had citizenship interview in Newark based on three years marriage to USC. Passed history and goverment tests. Had all of the proper paperwork. No arrests, none of the other stuff.But officer told me that no decision can be made at this time because they are awaiting "related files". There was not any paperwork that I could provide. The files are not from the FBI.
    Did anyone had the same experience and how long it would take for USCIS to contact me?
    Please I do not want to hear any of that stupid **** that some people are posting here. Pisses me off

Just had citizenship interview in Newark based on three years marriage to USC. Passed history and goverment tests. Had all of the proper paperwork. No arrests, none of the other stuff.But officer told me that no decision can be made at this time because they are awaiting "related files". There was not any paperwork that I could provide. The files are not from the FBI.
    Did anyone had the same experience and how long it would take for USCIS to contact me?
    Please I do not want to hear any of that stupid **** that some people are posting here. Pisses me off

Comment

Did you partner have anything pending?

Comment

Nope. My husband is USC and does not have anything pending.

Comment

if you've ever been deported and admitted back in can you apply for citizenship?

Comment

yes.

Comment

Hi,
              It happened to me since March 2003. I just posted my situation, Are you Muslim? My topic is: Discussion Topic: "Citizenship Delay for Muslims. Isn't it Discrimination?!!!"
              I am. This is my question too. Lawyers say different things. One says by law they are required to give you an answer in 120 days period. Others say there is no time limit. I am totally confused what to do. I wish yours as would not take long a mine!

Comment

By law they required to give you an answer in 120 days. Ifter 120 days you should request hearing with the officel or immigration judge.

I am from Eastern Europe. Not muslim. No discrimination here

Comment

Have similar situation. I've been waiting for a little over 4 months now after the interview, planning to request a hearing from an immigration judge. You can get more details from my thread 'N400 NOA'. Good luck!

Comment

I just read your thread. Please keep us updated regarding your case. Ukraina - Vpered!
                    I realyy want to find out what to do next

Comment

Is there anyone who went through the same stuff and was able to get positive results?

Comment

people,just for ur information...
                        after 120 days u have the right to sue uscis ans trust me ur application is going to be approved for sure...

feel free to visit citizenship forum@
                        www.immigration.com

u will be amazed....
                        query11

Comment

How do I ask for the hearing with the officer after 120 days passed by? Is there any form to complete? Or do I have to send letter to the officer? Or may be info pass appointment?
                          Anyone?

Comment

Visit www.immigration.com, read the thread by Publicus and other threads related to N-400 processing.

Good Luck,

IE

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs