Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship

A friend of mine had a fist fight at his work place with an illegal and was arrested and put in jail for 48 hours before i bailed him out. After that he appeared before the judge and the guy he had fight with did not show up in court as he was illegal. The judge made my friend pay a fine and probation for 6 months. Since that time he has stayed out of trouble has 2 kids here and applied for citizenship. I don't know if he mentioned this arrest in his application and also he does not remember. they asked him to come for finger prints 6 months but has not heard anything yet? he wants to know what to expect when he goes for the interview? Thanks

A friend of mine had a fist fight at his work place with an illegal and was arrested and put in jail for 48 hours before i bailed him out. After that he appeared before the judge and the guy he had fight with did not show up in court as he was illegal. The judge made my friend pay a fine and probation for 6 months. Since that time he has stayed out of trouble has 2 kids here and applied for citizenship. I don't know if he mentioned this arrest in his application and also he does not remember. they asked him to come for finger prints 6 months but has not heard anything yet? he wants to know what to expect when he goes for the interview? Thanks

Comment

Be honest and tell the truth, that's all he had to do

Comment

Hi sbig problem is going to be proving that he did not intentionally lie when he left this charge off of his application. He will need to convince the officer that it was unintentional.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Answer to your question adam is yes thats all he had to do is see the judge and pay the fine and probation for 6 months.

Comment

I think for naturalization you can file an application to amend the petition which is available at the local office but not the website. Try and get more info on that. If this does not work the ntake all documents and if possible a lawyer.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation