•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guy-n-indo
    replied
    Hello,

I am about to file an I-751 with my wife. We have been married for almost 3 years now. We are coming up on the 90 day aniversary of her getting her TEMP PERM RESIDENT card.

However in the time since we filed, we have both been living over-seas almost full time because of my job. We have been back to the US several times, and have never been outside of the US for more than the one year time period.

Currently, my wife's address with the USCIS is her Mother's house in California.

I am wondering if we should list our current address as our overseas address, or the california address (I have been filing Wisconsin taxes since that is where my mailing address is).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    Yes ma'am. Five years less 90 days.

Leave a comment:

• Nursee
    replied
    Spy, Right, oops forgot that part of it.....resident in same district, continuous residence and happily ever after with spouse.

It's a total of 5 years from first becoming a LPR that you have to wait to apply for Citz if you are no longer with spouse eh?

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    Not that it matters but you can actually apply on February 27, 2005 (90 days before May 28). That's only 40 days from now!

Assuming, of course, you meet all of the other eligibility requirements. Resident in the same district for 3 months, meet the continuous residence requirement, living with and still married to spouse, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Nursee
    replied
    Hey Julie and Sphyrapicus, I just checked my immigration stuff from when I was approved for AOS and the INS officer wrote down on a little sticky note for me that since I had become a LPR on May 28, 2002, I was eligible to apply 90 days before May 28, 2005, which works out that I can apply for citizenship on February 28, 2005.
    Like Spy said, The clock starts from the moment one becomes a PR. I guess this is why it seems like it is so soon that one can apply for their citizenship.

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    Nope. A conditional PR is the same as a regular PR. The clock starts from the moment one becomes a PR (conditional or not).

Leave a comment:

• JulieCelik1
    replied
    in other words sphyrapicus, if someone is a PR since 2003, and has never been a conditional resident, and has been married to USC for more than 4 years, does that change anything about the N-400 timing?
    Thanks,
    julie

Leave a comment:

• JulieCelik1
    replied
    is the time period any different for those who were approved for permanent residence from the first interview?

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    And many of us have applied for N400 before the I751 is adjudicated. In many cases, it may force the issue to get the I751 taken care of.

The citizenship clock starts the moment you are granted conditional permanent resident status.

Leave a comment:

• edgrapes
    replied
    Because the processing takes almost a year most of I751 applicants become 3 years residents at the date of approval. Hope it helps.

Leave a comment:

• JulieCelik1
    replied
    and btw, I forgot..Congrats! it's a milestone...I certainly remember my relief when I was approved for the permanent green card.
    Julie

Leave a comment:

• JulieCelik1
    replied
    Patti, how come you're eligible for N-400 so fast? isn't I-751 to remove barriers after 2 years of marriage? and if that is so, don't you have to have 3 years of permanent residence in order to be eligible to apply for N-400? I am a bit confused. Thanks,
    Julie

Leave a comment:

• Nursee
    replied
    Schmitt, quit reining on my parade! Get out of my thread! Go find yourself another Russian bride that is strong like bull and beats your
    a-s-s every night!

Leave a comment:

• Depo Man
    replied
    When is the divorce grint?

Leave a comment:

• Nursee
    replied
    Thanks ircroxy and danish! Yeah I am very excited for sure.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation