I-751 approved!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your kind wishes patti... I will let u guys know as soon as I hear something from them... I would love to have an interview for my I 751rather than just a direct approval... that way I can share more experiences on interview on this board and everyone has one more case / experience of I 751 interview as there are not many cases of this on the board....

Comment

Hey Patti, Congratulations GF!!! I don't know where I've been as I didn't realize it was time for your I-751, let alone waiting on a reply. Just the same I'm glad you didn't have to go through the interview process. I know you're excited

Comment

Congratuation. I am really happy at this occasion.
        God is geat

Comment

Thanks ircroxy and danish! Yeah I am very excited for sure.

Comment

When is the divorce grint?

Comment

Schmitt, quit reining on my parade! Get out of my thread! Go find yourself another Russian bride that is strong like bull and beats your
              a-s-s every night!

Comment

Patti, how come you're eligible for N-400 so fast? isn't I-751 to remove barriers after 2 years of marriage? and if that is so, don't you have to have 3 years of permanent residence in order to be eligible to apply for N-400? I am a bit confused. Thanks,
                Julie

Comment

and btw, I forgot..Congrats! it's a milestone...I certainly remember my relief when I was approved for the permanent green card.
                  Julie

Comment

Because the processing takes almost a year most of I751 applicants become 3 years residents at the date of approval. Hope it helps.

Comment

And many of us have applied for N400 before the I751 is adjudicated. In many cases, it may force the issue to get the I751 taken care of.

The citizenship clock starts the moment you are granted conditional permanent resident status.

Comment

is the time period any different for those who were approved for permanent residence from the first interview?

Comment

in other words sphyrapicus, if someone is a PR since 2003, and has never been a conditional resident, and has been married to USC for more than 4 years, does that change anything about the N-400 timing?
                          Thanks,
                          julie

Comment

Nope. A conditional PR is the same as a regular PR. The clock starts from the moment one becomes a PR (conditional or not).

Comment

Hey Julie and Sphyrapicus, I just checked my immigration stuff from when I was approved for AOS and the INS officer wrote down on a little sticky note for me that since I had become a LPR on May 28, 2002, I was eligible to apply 90 days before May 28, 2005, which works out that I can apply for citizenship on February 28, 2005.
                              Like Spy said, The clock starts from the moment one becomes a PR. I guess this is why it seems like it is so soon that one can apply for their citizenship.

Comment

Not that it matters but you can actually apply on February 27, 2005 (90 days before May 28). That's only 40 days from now!

Assuming, of course, you meet all of the other eligibility requirements. Resident in the same district for 3 months, meet the continuous residence requirement, living with and still married to spouse, etc.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation