X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's christmas 2005 and we're so sad

Dear ILW Discussion Board members:

My wife and I are illegal aliens in the US. We were originally from India and we entered the US in 1976 on student visas but neither of us carried a full course load. We briefly left the US in 1982 to visit our families in India and we came back on tourist visas and we've never left. We both stayed and worked illegally. We now have our very own Indian restaurant and Indian grocery store.

We have three boys who are US citizens. They are 10, 7, and 5 years old. They are very American and they don't speak with an Indian accent like us. They don't know that we are illegal aliens.

We applied for the late amnesty (I-687) last year and we got our interview in August 2005. We still haven't heard anything yet.

My brother passed away a few months ago and I couldn't go back to India to attend his funeral.

My parents are very old now and I haven't seen them for 23 years and counting.

My wife's mother and her brother passed away two years ago and she couldn't go back to their funerals.

We are always very sad this time of the year. We were very sad on Thanksgiving and now it's Christimas and we're very sad again. It's been 23 years now since we lived here. Our parents are so old and we might never see them again. They're too frail to travel to the US.

We hope to hear from CIS soon on the status of our I-687. We hope it will be good news.

We were thinking of traveling under Advance Parole but our attorney discouraged us from doing us. We might never be able to get back into the US if our application were denied while we're in India. We have built our lives here for the past 30 years.

We pray for good news everyday. Please pray for us. Amen.

Sincerely yours,

Krishna

Dear ILW Discussion Board members:

My wife and I are illegal aliens in the US. We were originally from India and we entered the US in 1976 on student visas but neither of us carried a full course load. We briefly left the US in 1982 to visit our families in India and we came back on tourist visas and we've never left. We both stayed and worked illegally. We now have our very own Indian restaurant and Indian grocery store.

We have three boys who are US citizens. They are 10, 7, and 5 years old. They are very American and they don't speak with an Indian accent like us. They don't know that we are illegal aliens.

We applied for the late amnesty (I-687) last year and we got our interview in August 2005. We still haven't heard anything yet.

My brother passed away a few months ago and I couldn't go back to India to attend his funeral.

My parents are very old now and I haven't seen them for 23 years and counting.

My wife's mother and her brother passed away two years ago and she couldn't go back to their funerals.

We are always very sad this time of the year. We were very sad on Thanksgiving and now it's Christimas and we're very sad again. It's been 23 years now since we lived here. Our parents are so old and we might never see them again. They're too frail to travel to the US.

We hope to hear from CIS soon on the status of our I-687. We hope it will be good news.

We were thinking of traveling under Advance Parole but our attorney discouraged us from doing us. We might never be able to get back into the US if our application were denied while we're in India. We have built our lives here for the past 30 years.

We pray for good news everyday. Please pray for us. Amen.

Sincerely yours,

Krishna

Comment

you came here ILLEGALLY! Now what the **** do you want??? Many of my friends, family etc. had to stand in lines and wait and go through a bunch of paperwork to come here.But no, people like you want it all easy way! It does not work so!!!

Comment

Merry Christmas and God has a way of answering all our prayers. Don't give up , God will do it for all of us, Citizens, illegals, foriegners, aliens and masquarades that call themselves religious fanatics.

Comment

Honkeycat: yes it is sad that you are still in my country....I contacted DHS...and hope for my New Year's wish that they raid your restaurant and ship your sorry illegal behinds back to wherever you came from. Your phony tears won't work on those who can see through the smoke screen.
          And God doesn't give out green cards.

Comment

Someone12, cease the threats d u m b a s s.

DHS has more serious issues to handle than your hollow threats about people you meet on an immigration board.

Get a life you pagan!

Comment

Dear fellow ILW Discussion Board members:

Please do not be so mean-spirited this Christmas. We have spent the past 23 Christmases all by ourselves. We miss our family in India very much. Hopefully we will be legal residents soon. Our children don't know that we are illegal aliens. We don't know whether we should tell them or not. They are US citizens and they don't know what it means to be illegal aliens.

Please think of us this Christmas.

Krishna

Comment

People express their opinions here and they have every right to, you have every right to express yours as well. This is what this country is all about. Some people come here to help, some to insult. It's a personal choice. I try to help people with information and opinions. It's my choice and you may or may not like what I have to say, and that's up to you.

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE USC's, MOB's and Grints !!!!!!! 2006 will be your year !!!!

Comment

I'm not a saint and never claimed to be one. Just try to use my time as I please. If I decide to help someone else who are you, or anybody else, to call me names? In any case, it's your opinion and since this is just a forum, you can post it just as I can.

Comment

Dear Marasmus (or is that dumbassmuss?) - I will post my opinions and pick up the phone and call DHS if I so choose - I don't need your permission. Maybe you should be thinking about your patriotism if you have no interest in ridding the US of A of illegals, no matter how much they whine.
                      and Honkeycat -- here is a news flash....there is nothing stopping you from going to India except your own selfishness and irresponsibility. Nothing. You can leave anytime and no one will say a word.
                      San Francisco International airport is just a couple hours away by car....and I am sure planes are departing for India a couple of times a day...maybe you can get a great fare....why not try?

Comment

I don't see why somebody should stop talking just because somebody else don't agree with his or her opinions. This is a forum, the whole point of this things is to encourage debate.

Comment

HonkeyCat: I'm also missing my family this Holiday season, so I can empathize with you. I don't sympathize with you, however.

Before whining and complaining about your predicament in public, you should remember that you made the conscious decision to immigrate...albeit illegally...to America. Twenty-three years ago, you made the choice to live in a different country from your family. You also made that choice understanding the consequences.

Every day, I'm grateful for the opportunity to live in America...the best country in the world. I would never complain about missing my family, because I made the same decision that you made...albeit that I'm a Lawful Permanent Resident.

Furthermore, many of my American friends are also missing their families this Holiday season.

I understand your desire to legalize your immigration status...and, I hope that you're successful. In the meantime, please stop whining and complaining and live with the consequences of your actions.

Someone12 is correct. If you truly miss your family to the extent that you claim, you are free to travel to India tomorrow if you so choose. Again, it is your choice not to do so.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation