Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-3 & I-601 in Ciudad Juarez

Has anyone ever filed the I-601 after denial of the K-3 at the Ciudad Juarez consulate? I would love to hear experiences.

I sent an e-mail to the consulate and they wrote back saying that my husband is eligible for the K-3 since the I-130 has not yet arrived in thier office. The I-130 is approved, but I had to file an I-824 in order to get the service center to forward it to the NVC. The I-824 could take up to a year, so we've decided to try for the K-3. I know that my husband will be denied at the K-3 interview and asked to file the I-601, which I plan to have ready so we can file it that same day. I sent off the K-3 application materiels today. How long will it be until we hear from the consulate?
    Have a nice day

Has anyone ever filed the I-601 after denial of the K-3 at the Ciudad Juarez consulate? I would love to hear experiences.

I sent an e-mail to the consulate and they wrote back saying that my husband is eligible for the K-3 since the I-130 has not yet arrived in thier office. The I-130 is approved, but I had to file an I-824 in order to get the service center to forward it to the NVC. The I-824 could take up to a year, so we've decided to try for the K-3. I know that my husband will be denied at the K-3 interview and asked to file the I-601, which I plan to have ready so we can file it that same day. I sent off the K-3 application materiels today. How long will it be until we hear from the consulate?
    Have a nice day

Comment

Did you file and I-129F with the service center with jurisdiction of your place of residence??

Comment

I sent it to Chicago. On the instructions, it said that if you are filing for the K-3 for a spouse, you need to send it to a different address. That address was a PO Box in Chicago.
        Have a nice day

Comment

Come on, there's got to be someone out there who's dealt with this before.
          Have a nice day

Comment

I filed for K3 in Chicago at the PO Box address on 3/12/03, it came back approved in 6 weeks & was forwarded over to the foreign embassy on 4/29/03. The embassy did not schedule the interview until 11/10/03. So essentially it can be quick approval of the K3 but take 7 months to get the interview. Its a combination of how quick the US service center is & how quick your embassy is. Its variable and hard to compare your situation to mine.

Comment

Thanks so much for the timeline, Julie. I just want an idea of how long this will take. According to the Ciudad Juarez web site, they shedule interviews within 30 days of receiving the approved I-129F. I've heard that Ciudad Juarez is pretty quick........I'm hoping I've heard right.
              Have a nice day

Comment

According to "processing times" the K-3 is taking approx. 5 months these days before being sent to embassy... Julie, that was FAST! 30 days for interview is good too! Be nice if they were all that helpful.

Comment

5 months Perhaps my I-824 will have gone through by that time.
                  Have a nice day

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed