Immigration Highly benefits the U.S. Economy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see how Aliba will "interpret" all these overwhelmingly "inconvenient" facts about benefits of Immigration to US Economy

Comment

You'll be surprised.
      America is prosperous because America is an optimistic nation. America is America because we are a nation of immigrants.

Comment

Actually, I don't scapegoat immigrants. The issue, I believe, is not immigrants per se, but the programs the government uses for immigration, especially "guest worker" programs and family-based immigration beyond the nuclear family. Guest worker programs such as H1-B indenture the worker for several years if he or she wants a green card (most do). THAT's what distorts the market and drives down wages. Just check a few posts on this site or others from H1-Bs who just can't wait to get out from under their bosses thumbs and to start earning better wages. Issuing green cards from the start to those for whom employers show a genuine need would give US workers, for whom a GC is not a consideration, a fair shot.

As for family immigration, well, how many brothers, sisters, parents, etc. of the sponsoring employment-based immigrant are anywhere near as bright or talented as the sponsor?

Comment

Actually, I don't scapegoat immigrants. The issue, I believe, is not immigrants per se, but the programs the government uses for immigration
          To be more exact: bad immigration policies.

especially "guest worker" programs and family-based immigration beyond the nuclear family.
          I agree about "nuclear family".
          H-1b's too have certain shortcomings.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs