Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake01:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:

With respect to you Proud.

I can understand your feelings. But if you were to put the shoe on another foot, then how would you look at? IMO, we must be very careful on using terms like terroists, etc. How many times do you see movies or even in real life recently do you see americans cheer when we dropped bombs on iraq in the gulf war and now.? Many Many times.(correct me if I am wrong) Is that ok... just because it is USA doing it? Do you not think to the people of Iraq that USA does not look like a terrorist act when they invaded their country in almost the exact same way that Saddam invaded Kuwait? It is Manali's opinion and he is entitled to it. We dont have to like it, it is just the way he feels. Freedom of speech. He is applauding an article in a point of view.

I think people have to learn to put emotions aside in order to accept the fact of freedom of speech. Do you think Rev. Wright is different from manali, and he speaks directly against the government?
    Hi 4Now.... the thing is... is that we are not posting video footage whenever a bomb goes off in Iraq and show many iraqis getting killed, where do you see this, where we are applauding.

WE DONT! because we are more human than Manali, and any life, from whereever you are in this world is precious.

So I am sorry I dont agree that Manali should be posting the Cr ap he posts, another thing, how would you feel if one or your family members was in Iraq fighting at the moment, I am sure you will not see it as a joke then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jake..

You do not know or not know if i have family members in Iraq. There is no joke. all you had to do was turn on the tv during the gulf war or even the iraqui beginnings and you could see the cheering of the usa people during the bombings. Are memories short here or what

One major thing coming to mind were the barbaric public displays of Sadam's two sons mutilated severed bodies put on display to be seen by the world .GWB/ USA had put contract out to kill them and have their bodies displayed. How sick is that with the justification being .. "they were really bad people". People cheered. How many people cheered when they hung Sadam.. Did you forget about that? Dont confuse yourself.

The point about manali postings are that there are no current rules that do not allow his posts. Please dont miss the point based on emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by 4now:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake01:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:

I can understand your feelings. But if you were to put the shoe on another foot, then how would you look at? IMO, we must be very careful on using terms like terroists, etc. How many times do you see movies or even in real life recently do you see americans cheer when we dropped bombs on iraq in the gulf war and now.? Many Many times.(correct me if I am wrong) Is that ok... just because it is USA doing it? Do you not think to the people of Iraq that USA does not look like a terrorist act when they invaded their country in almost the exact same way that Saddam invaded Kuwait? It is Manali's opinion and he is entitled to it. We dont have to like it, it is just the way he feels. Freedom of speech. He is applauding an article in a point of view.

I think people have to learn to put emotions aside in order to accept the fact of freedom of speech. Do you think Rev. Wright is different from manali, and he speaks directly against the government?
      Hi 4Now.... the thing is... is that we are not posting video footage whenever a bomb goes off in Iraq and show many iraqis getting killed, where do you see this, where we are applauding.

WE DONT! because we are more human than Manali, and any life, from whereever you are in this world is precious.

So I am sorry I dont agree that Manali should be posting the Cr ap he posts, another thing, how would you feel if one or your family members was in Iraq fighting at the moment, I am sure you will not see it as a joke then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jake..

You do not know or not know if i have family members in Iraq. There is no joke. all you had to do was turn on the tv during the gulf war or even the iraqui beginnings and you could see the cheering of the usa people during the bombings. Are memories short here or what

One major thing coming to mind were the barbaric public displays of Sadam's two sons mutilated severed bodies put on display to be seen by the world .GWB/ USA had put contract out to kill them and have their bodies displayed. How sick is that with the justification being .. "they were really bad people". People cheered. How many people cheered when they hung Sadam.. Did you forget about that? Dont confuse yourself.

The point about manali postings are that there are no current rules that do not allow his posts. Please dont miss the point based on emotion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know only too well there was video footage of Saddams hanging etc., and I thought it was atrocious that it was filmed for public viewing, I do not control what people want to look at, and if some like to see bad sick things happening in the world then that is up to them to look it up on the web, but tell me this, is this not an immigration forum, yes I know some people on here post music, paintings, and other video footage, but it is not horrific postings like Manali posts.

Anyway, you have your opinions, and I have mine, I just feel we see enough footage on the TV News, and I do not justifying someone applauding any kind of death.

Also I remember there was video footage come from Iraq showing 3 or 4 soldiers having there heads cut off, infact I think that was one of the first sick video's to be shown.

By the way, your post above, I really dont think people want you banned, you have given posters very good advise on occasions.

Comment

Re Someone12's post:
        http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/902603441/m/9...10598441#30510598441
        Obscene language is not permitted. This is the first warning (for April) under our rules.

Comment

To All:

I made a mistake in counting. I am looking at threads by last post. Not all posts chronologically. So, the warnings from the thread above stand for March, in case there are any further violations under our rules in March postings in threads whose last post was in April or May.

I will keep count separately, and post the final figure once all posts are reviewed (almost 10,000)!!

Comment

Re Someone12's post:
            http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/902603441/m/6...10814441#74510814441
            Obscenity is not permitted. This is a first warning (for March).

Comment

To Mike_2007:
              Re your posts on this thread:
              http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/.../m/66410019441
              Use of obscenity is not permitted. This is a first warning (for April).

That said, I notice that several folks here are confused about identity of posters. This is to remind me, once I finish going thru all the piled up work on the board, to solicit the community's feedback on a new rule to permit only identity per IP (how to handle multiple computers on a network with only one IP, or multiple people using a computer). As I said, this is an aide memoire.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake01:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake01:

Jake..

The point about manali postings are that there are no current rules that do not allow his posts. Please dont miss the point based on emotion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know only too well there was video footage of Saddams hanging etc., and I thought it was atrocious that it was filmed for public viewing, I do not control what people want to look at, and if some like to see bad sick things happening in the world then that is up to them to look it up on the web, <span class="ev_code_red">but tell me this, is this not an immigration forum, yes I know some people on here post music, paintings, and other video footage, but it is not horrific postings like Manali posts.</span>

Anyway, you have your opinions, and I have mine, I just feel we see enough footage on the TV News, and I do not justifying someone applauding any kind of death.

Also I remember there was video footage come from Iraq showing 3 or 4 soldiers having there heads cut off, infact I think that was one of the first sick video's to be shown.

By the way, your post above, I really dont think people want you banned, you have given posters very good advise on occasions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jake,

yes this is an immigration forum. and yes some people have used it as a personal blog center, music paintings etc... there are currently rules that permit such. the same as the current rules permit posting of news articles, such as the ones that manali makes a link to. WAR IS UGLY, granted ALL deaths and horrors related to war are. Again i am reminding that we cannot lose site of freedom of speech or expression. This is not a communist society.

The rules on the forum will have to be changed in order to enforce some people's threads or posts. But be careful and make sure that somewhere down the road that they will not infringe/ affect your own posts someday.

THE BANNED THING.. jake, the message sailed above you again , you missed the point of that message. and BTW.. it is not just on occasion that I advise here,... I always give good advice, it is the ONLY reason that I come here.

Comment

Sprint_girl07:
                  I thank you for kindly calling me on the phone and recalling me to my duties on this board.

However, as you know I enforce our rules impartially on everyone. Please consider this a first warning under our rules for
                  http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/902603441/m/9...10700541#68510700541
                  Obscenity is against the rules.

Added on edit: this is for May.

Comment

Still plowing thru the messages. How about if, in the future, I dont look at any messages, EXCEPT for those flagged as a content violation by a member? Just a thought. I will return to this next week or so.

Comment

Re whiteUSCNeedsHelp's post here:
                      http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/902603441/m/8...10430541#65210430541
                      Obscenity is not permitted under our rules at: http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/.../m/78310062631
                      This is a first warning (for May).

Comment

Originally posted by Sam U. of ILW.COM:
                        Still plowing thru the messages. How about if, in the future, I dont look at any messages, EXCEPT for those flagged as a content violation by a member? Just a thought. I will return to this next week or so.
                        This would work better for you Sam, as this should be the only thing that you should be interested in reviewing... the posts that are in context violation of the rules. have the member site the rule that it violates 4u so you can look it over and decide.

BTW I dont feel my animation was adult in context. for crying out loud... they are stick people with guns. If you really believe that.. then it is all in your mind and perception. If that is the way it is, then I will take my l icks... oops I mean sticks and just accept it.
                        Me doth protest.

Please define also what you are considering obscene so that members know. It appears to be very broad.

Comment

I have to go for dinner soon, my stomach is grumbling.

I am going to go thru the rest of the msgs quickly, and will post those I need to take a look at here as an aide memoire for me:
                          2 violations:
                          http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/.../m/97410763441
                          2 violations:
                          http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/.../m/74210420541
                          1 violation:
                          http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/.../m/92010083341
                          2 violations:
                          http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/.../m/72310040541

More to come on edit.

Comment

Come on .. make my day
                            What's up, 4now?
                            Couple of videos here for u to watch and have fun

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

This Is Sparta!

How's everything ?
                            Miss those days when u picked on me

Be good man and take care!

All 4Good,
                            E.
                            http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Sam,

sounds like a prime rib and shrimp night?

WHAITTTTT1 backup1 prime rib and main lobster tail. hmmm??? YUMMY!
                              USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Originally posted by 4now:
                                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sam U. of ILW.COM:
                                This would work better for you Sam, as this should be the only thing that you should be interested in reviewing... the posts that are in context violation of the rules. have the member site the rule that it violates 4u so you can look it over and decide.

BTW I dont feel my animation was adult in context. for crying out loud... they are stick people with guns. If you really believe that.. then it is all in your mind and perception. If that is the way it is, then I will take my l icks... oops I mean sticks and just accept it.
                                Me doth protest.

Please define also what you are considering obscene so that members know. It appears to be very broad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my buddy got the stick!!! whats this world coming too???? just little, teeny, weeny sticks!!

Chin Up! we just have to refine the stick people! stick clothing!

lets see??? Hmmmm??/ 4 computers = 2 partitions and 2 ip add each... hmmmm? thats 8 ids! Whyyyyyy????
                                i Have 6 Brothers and 7 sisters!!
                                we all share everything and belong to ILW.
                                USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation