•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form I-864 and notary

Hi,

Page three on instructions of this form says under check list
    "This form, the I-864, completed and signed before a notary public or a counsular or immigration officer."

Why is it that they the BCIS returned all my paper work and request that the for i-864 hast to be notarized. I was under the impression that my American Husband that is my sponsor can sign the form at the time of the interview. Is that a valid assumption or am I just hopeful that it would be that simple.

Thank you

Hi,

Page three on instructions of this form says under check list
    "This form, the I-864, completed and signed before a notary public or a counsular or immigration officer."

Why is it that they the BCIS returned all my paper work and request that the for i-864 hast to be notarized. I was under the impression that my American Husband that is my sponsor can sign the form at the time of the interview. Is that a valid assumption or am I just hopeful that it would be that simple.

Thank you

Comment

When you apply in the US it must be notarized. When you apply at a Consulate abroad, it can be signed in front of the Consular officer.

myronmorales@hotmail.com

Comment

Not all U.S. consulates/embassies allow USC spouse/fiance enter the consular section. So, in most cases I-864 must be a signed and notarized original.

Comment

If you submit the form in person during the interview, either with the State Department or with USCIS, the officer can sign the form. This will likely be an updated copy because, if you are sending it in by mail (as all initial applications are), you should have the form notarized.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation