Interview experience.[N-400]

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do not need to register for selective service because you never lived in the U.S. in "a status other than as a lawful nonimmigrant between the ages of 18 and 26".

Just bring proof of when you obtained LPR status and that will satisfy any USCIS requirements. If you obtainted LPR at 31 then you clearly would not qualify to have to register for selective service.

Comment

Thanks Sphyrapicus3! I know this is what the instructions on N-400 says. However, I wanted to be sure with the advise and the experiences from people like you, who understands such situation.

Comment

congrats.... but didn't they teach you in grade school how to spell "ANYWAYS"? Maybe you should be a little more respectful towards the country that took you in and made you her own, don't you think so?

Comment

If I have held myself back from correcting all the typos that I see on this forum then surely you can!! We all make them, key gets stuck, we're in a hurry, English isn't first language, you name it. I HATE to see something spelled incorrectly but it happens all the time on the internet due to the above reasons. Show a little tolerance.

Comment

That is insane.

The requirements for other types of visa are far more stringent not to mention expensive. My english exams for the H1b included a spoken exam as well as a written exam with multiple sections including a listening portion as well as an essay writing section.

That doesn't seem fair somehow.

Comment

JohnDoe,

I guess, it won't hurt at all to fill this form rather than be worried in the future.

Thanks for your advise and sharing your experience.

Comment

Hi Sonia2004,
                Could you please post your BF's time frame. I have also applied from Brooklyn, NYC, and currently waiting for interview.Here is my time line

PD 7/03
                FP 8/03
                Waiting for interview.

Thanks
                Chitra

Comment

Horstair,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have 2 speeding tickets from the past, and I mentioned it on my N-400. The officer at my N-400 interview did not care about those tickets.

In fact one of my speeding tickets is for "reckles driving" since I was going 110/mph on a 55/mph state highway. I was given 4 points for that and had to go to the court.

your second question about the address change, I am unable to answer that. Perhaps others could give you some idea about that.

Arun.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed