Need you input - Please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if this is about the interview then it makes sense. However, you can always renew the petition in front of the Judge, in most cases that is.

The process involves the human element, and sometimes mistakes are made. It's a good thing that, at least, the system provides for an opportunity to correct mistakes and errors.

- THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE -

Comment

Are u locked up?........if not, how did you manage to get out? I assume when you said your husband left without you, you were locked up.

This is one strange case!!!!

you said you and your husband wrote a letter to the ij, when and what part does your lawyer play in all this mess?

Comment

Thanks for your feedback Houston.

Answering your question Floyd,
        No I'm not. I was detained for 6 long hours, fingerprinted and my husband was called to get me. Our attorney thinks I was given some consideration since I was close to my due date ( to have my baby).

The letter we wrote to the IJ was reviewed and sent by our attorney.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbd's mom:
          I need your positive input and comments.

A few years ago I arrived as a foreign student. After 7 years, I completed both my BS and masters program and got married during my OPT. My marriage did not last long due to cultural and other differences and we got a divorce. We did not file any immigration documents.

7 months later, I met and married my husband - a navy officer and we filed the necessary immigration documents.

Once we arrived for our I485 interview, I was immediately taken to a separate room. My husband was interviewed and was asked to leave without me. I was placed in deportation removal and the explanation I was given was that people from my country have been involved in immigration fraud and 'we' were on a watch list.

My husband immediately hired a lawyer and we have been appealing the decision.

I have been to a master hearing. We refiled I130 and got it approved. We have refiled I485 and I recently got to do my fingerprints.

We have been waiting for several months and have not heard anything.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the next step? I was told we are waiting for a letter to complete my medical check up.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello SBD

As floyd has pointed out, something is missing in this story.

You and your husband filed the complete package together as you had a I-485 interview.. correct?

Had you sent in evidences of marriage such as living together, joint bank accounts etc.?

No, it is not that unusual to do a stokes interview right away if they suspect marriage fraud, or that they have been tipped off that it is marriage fraud. What was the reason given for the 1st denial? What was the outcome of the seperated interview. did you both fail some critical questions?

Had you eve been picked up before for being out of status?

Was your first marriage to USC and how long did it last?

Is your husband the father of the child you are pregnant with?

Comment

SBD, you are telling us that after you were detained for several hours for marriage fraud, uscis called your husband and let you leave just like that no strings attached? WOW!!! you have to be the luckiest woman in the world.

I still don't understand why the comment about the child would be made before they even had a chance to talk to either of you.

I still maintain my frustration that there is missing information about your story. We seem to be going around in circles, therefore I will wish you the best and hope that some of the other members can navigate through the confusions and fill in the blanks so as to help you.

Good luck!!

Comment

My dear watson! These cases are getting tougher and Tougher!!!

In America Its Called miller Time! My frind Lets ' just do it"

WTF?
              USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation