Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pending I 751 and stay out of USA. Help please !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it only me, but I think these guys are taking too long to give us updated processing times for 8/31/04.

Comment

Dear sphyrapicus3 and 4now,

Thanks for your responses and advices. I would not go out of USA if it was not necessary. I could not open the website yesterday. I have a few questions after reading your responses. How can I get the info pass? What is the law of continuous stay in USA when it comes to citizenship? How long can I stay out of USA and qualify for applying citizenship? Thanks !

Comment

For Chicago info, go to http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...go/aboutus.htm

For naturalization requirements:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/general.htm

Residence and Physical Presence

An applicant is eligible to file if, immediately preceding the filing of the application, he or she:

has been lawfully admitted for permanent residence (see preceding section);

has resided continuously as a lawful permanent resident in the U.S. for at least 5 years prior to filing with no single absence from the United States of more than one year;

has been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the previous five years (absences of more than six months but less than one year shall disrupt the applicant's continuity of residence unless the applicant can establish that he or she did not abandon his or her residence during such period)

has resided within a state or district for at least three months

Comment

Dear sphyrapicus3,

Thanks for your speedy response. The webpage says 5 years but I heard that you can apply for citizenship after 3 years if you got the green card through marriage. How will the continuous stay change in that situation if I can apply for citizenship after 3 years? Thanks !

Comment

It says "has been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the previous five years"; what are the changes if I do not need to wait for 5 years to apply for citizenship?

Comment

Just want to add for readers who are married to USC: Special Provisions for citizenship for married individuals apply

Alien is able to apply for citizenship (N-400) 2 years and 9 months from issuance of date on conditional greencard. (marriage based only) Must be living with spouse in ongoing relationship to be eligible. Form I-751 DOES NOT need to have been adjudicated to apply! So get the ball rolling.

However 751 must be adjudicated before N-400 can be approved and to take oath.

Comment

Dear 4now,

Thanks for the information you have given; I came to this website with one question but after reading your responses I have several questions to ask. Thanks a bunch to all of you that are helping people like me on this website. The webpage sphyrapicus3 gave writes 5 years everywhere; what will be the requirements for people that got green card through marriage. Thanks !

Comment

Do not break your continuous presence. go, but do not stay for more than 6 months.

Comment

Dear 4now,

Thanks for your speedy response. I truly appreciate responses and help from you, sphyrapicus3 and aneri. Keep up the good work. I will apply for info pass today and update you with my visit to local center.

Comment

You are welcome, No prob

HEre is link for you to see instructions on N-400 application. It addressed the marriage issue for naturalization.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/f...s/n-400ins.pdf

Comment

Thanks 4now !

Comment

pratham,

To apply for USC (based on marriage to a USC), the residency rules require that during the past 3 years, you must not have been out of the country for 18 months or more.

I think 4now has covered the rest of your questions 4now.

That's all I have 4now.

Good luck.

Comment

Dear sphyrapicus3,

Thanks for your responses. Everyone helped me with great courage. I appreciate everyone's time and affords that you have taken to help a person you never met before. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation