Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will illness affect my marriage based sponsorship?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will illness affect my marriage based sponsorship?

hi,

my marriage based visa application is being processed. i have not gone through the uscis doctor process yet.
    unfortunately, recently, i was diagnosed with a form of skin cancer, for which i need long term treatment. will this be a reason for uscis to reject my application for AOS?

thanks

hi,

my marriage based visa application is being processed. i have not gone through the uscis doctor process yet.
    unfortunately, recently, i was diagnosed with a form of skin cancer, for which i need long term treatment. will this be a reason for uscis to reject my application for AOS?

thanks

Comment

hi condenast and welcome . and no dont worry they wont denied your application . if it was HIV then i will say it may be an issue but not for cancer and iam so sorry to hear that. take care and good luck

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear about that Condenast.

Cancer is not one of the (very small amount) of automatically deniable diseases. I have heard of cases where people have been diagnosed, often at their medicals, and were told to have treatment and then come back. Their applications aren't denied for the most part, just put on hold and these cases are usually outside the US, so I sincerely doubt you'll have any issues there.

I'm assuming you have a treatment plan worked out and you can discuss that in full with the doctor you go to for the medical. Be prepared and take your notes and a letter from your doctor. I'm not suggesting you would, but there's no point hiding your illness. If my medical is anything to go by, they are nothing but extremely thorough.

Also, provide USCIS with yours and your spouses insurance policies, particularly your spouses. The biggest thing that they'll probably be concerned about is whether you can afford the treatment rather than the fact you need it.

Good luck, both with your treatment and the USCIS!
        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by condenast:
          hi,

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Sorry to hear aboutthat. But this will not cause your marriage visa to be denied since skin cancer is not on the automatically deniable diseases. I concur with aroha on this.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation