Is there still hope to get a visa?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i forgot to tell you that they took my passport too and i am on family based petition visa (k3) and also they asked me for the same waiting time and it is like 7 monthes for me now. in adminstrative processing there is nothing to worry about except the time they take it is from 6 to one year according to some other posts

Comment

intacount
      I am sorry regarding the waiver it is just I saw 212 instead of 221g so i mixed up
      it is just some other documents are required from you. that is all. but in my case they asked me to complete those documents first and then they asked me to wait the admin. processing

Comment

thank you all for all of your responses, but i still would like to know if it is possible to get the time run out till 30 sept 2007 without having a response from the embassy. i mean could even a clearance take that long so that i could lose my change to get a visa, or just having me interviewed means that they should send a reply to the embassy within the time limit for the DV2007.....thanks

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by intacount:
          ... but i still would like to know if it is possible to get the time run out till 30 sept 2007 without having a response from the embassy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> unfortunately, yes
          "Selected applicants who do not receive visas by September 30, 2007 will derive no further benefit from their DV-2007 registration."
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i mean could even a clearance take that long so that i could lose my change to get a visa </div></BLOCKQUOTE> yes...
          there have been cases where getting appointment for AOS interview took so long that the deadline passed... some people sued USCIS over that and won.
          I doubt people who are reviewing your case will care much about the deadline. I am guessing, how long it will take depends on WHY your case was reffered to administrative processing.

Comment

it will be greatly appreciated if any ex-diversity visa lottery winner could tell me the steps he has been through till he got the green card...especially the processing time it took between the interview and the issuance of the visa and also wether he has been refered to administrative processing or not after the interview (how long the administrative processing took?)

Comment

thank you all for your replies they were really of great help especially the one of "Young Man" which gave me alot of hope....now you can congratulate me cause i have just received my visa finally after 5 months of administrative processing....i wish for you all the best...thanks again

Comment

Congrats!!! Intacount. Welcome to the USA

Comment

congratulation.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board