Clear All

• Angie
    replied
    Thanks guys!! Happy Friday!

Leave a comment:

• reina90
    replied
    Hi Angie!
    Sup is right. We didn't have to go through that whole mess thanks to Texas Service Center losing our file, thank goodness. We hired a lawyer that informed us we should have filed the whole 485 pack since we had the I -130 pending and approved during the 245(i) act. I would love to share our whole mess with you..lol..I spoke with someone my hubby knows last night who filed the I-130, had it approved and now have "packet 1" in their hands to fill out. Same situation as you. And same kinda as we were. Sup summed it up though. I will try to private message you soon! Talk to you soon!

Leave a comment:

• sup
    replied
    Hi, Angie.
    After your I-130 is approved it will be forwarded from CSC to the National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire. It will take 4-6 months to clear through the NVC and get an interview date. There's no way to speed it up, you just follow the instructions you get from NVC's letters.

We also had to submit I-212/I-601 waivers. While preparing for the interview it never came up that hubby had to be fingerprinted. We had the interview, submitted the waivers and thought all we had to do is wait. But two weeks later a letter from the embassy said hubby had to get fingerprinted with the appointment date set two weeks ahead. So, here it was a month after the interview going back to the embassy for prints.

So I guess you have to be fingerprinted if submitting a wavier(s). His interviewing officer was a young chic who wasn't sure what to do with the waivers. I think it was her mistake to let him leave the embassy without prints taken.

Leave a comment:

• Angie
    replied
    Hi again Reina,

I just looked at your old posts and it looks like your situation was different than mine so you may not have all the answers I am asking of you but I would like to know what you had to go through!!

ang

Leave a comment:

• Angie
    replied
    Hi Reina,

We don't have an appointment yet but since California is processing I130's so quickly we should have that approval in a couple of weeks.

That's where I get confused and maybe you can answer my question. When I get that approval can I call Juarez for an interview right away or do they contact me? Also, how long between I130 approval and interview in Juarez. We are so ready ASAP. How long did your hubby have to wait in Mexico for approval?

I have soooo many questions and would love to just chat with you via email. Is that possible? I would never put my email address on here but you could go to the immigrate2us.net website and private message me and then we could chat back and forth.

I totally respect a person's privacy though so we can chat here if you want!!

angie

Leave a comment:

• reina90
    replied
    Congrats at getting some where! I can't answer your question, just wanted to show my support! You are a fellow married to an illegal like I was. I have to show my support!! When is your appointment? I will be thinking about you.

Leave a comment:

• Angie
    replied
    If my I130 is approved and we go to interview in Juarez w/illegal hubby to prove marriage and then file the I601 waiver to fight the 10 year bar do we do fingerprinting at time of visit or should you have it done ahead of time or what?

I'm not sure when and how to go about this.

Leave a comment:

• Angie
    started a topic I need to know about fingerprinting

I need to know about fingerprinting

If my I130 is approved and we go to interview in Juarez w/illegal hubby to prove marriage and then file the I601 waiver to fight the 10 year bar do we do fingerprinting at time of visit or should you have it done ahead of time or what?

I'm not sure when and how to go about this.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney