X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• without inspection

Hi,
    came into the country WI, currently married to a USC. was told by immigration attorney that i cannot file i have to return to home country. Contemplating studying nursing as i have heard that it is easier to get GC as a nurse. Can anyone verify the info about the nurses and also tell me if i have any other options as a result of my marriage to a USC.

Hi,
    came into the country WI, currently married to a USC. was told by immigration attorney that i cannot file i have to return to home country. Contemplating studying nursing as i have heard that it is easier to get GC as a nurse. Can anyone verify the info about the nurses and also tell me if i have any other options as a result of my marriage to a USC.

Comment

If your USC spouse is petitioning for you then it does not matter what your profession is or will be. But the fact that you work and have income that you contribute toward the household that your spouse can count as his/her asset in support of the I-864, then that will help. But simply that you are studying to be a nurse won't help your spouse's petition for you.

There is a nurse petition but that is an employment based petition, not a family based, and in your case, since you married a USC, the family based petition will get you your green card much faster. Though that is assuming your circumstance is ideal and the fact that you were not inspected will pose a problem. How you can resolve that I do not really know. Maybe someone else here knows.

Comment

ACtually, it is not that you cannot file the petition (again it is your spouse's petition). Your spouse can file but you have to wait for the result in the US and then once the petition is approved you go get the visa from your consulate in your country. What the lawyer mean is that you cannot file an adjustment of status, which is for someone with a non-immigrant status to an immigrant status.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation