X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NATURILIZATION, HONESTY ANSWER PLEASE

Hello everyone
    I posted question sometime ago and I'm some how confused about what to do, in the application form for naturalization that I submitted. I don't know that the citation question they were talking about involve speeding ticket and I say no that I don't have citation. Since then I have got many respond some say I should not volunteer to provide the information when I went for interview , while other say I should tell officer immediately when I went for interview . Please what can I do? I have all of my driving records with me. Can I volunteer to tell the officer that I made a mistake in my form or what? I have less than two weeks for my interview.

Hello everyone
    I posted question sometime ago and I'm some how confused about what to do, in the application form for naturalization that I submitted. I don't know that the citation question they were talking about involve speeding ticket and I say no that I don't have citation. Since then I have got many respond some say I should not volunteer to provide the information when I went for interview , while other say I should tell officer immediately when I went for interview . Please what can I do? I have all of my driving records with me. Can I volunteer to tell the officer that I made a mistake in my form or what? I have less than two weeks for my interview.

Comment

At your interview, the officer will go over your entire N-400 application. You will have an opportunity to update your application at that time. Bring along the traffic violations and make the changes then. Just explain that you did not know that traffic violations were required. They will not be held against you if you are forthcoming.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I did not consider speeding and parking tickets as anything other then a MINOR traffic violation. I did not disclose or even worried about it at the interview. In fact, It did not even slipped my mind to mention it. Probably because parking tickets is a VERY frequent occurance with me, but if you pay it right away (if you don't you might run into problems, my state -WI will suspend your driver's license) what is a big deal...
          ...Mistake Recognized is half corrected ...

Comment

I pay it, in fact, the case is as far back as 2003 and it has been taking care off immediately.

Comment

I made the same mistake and didn't disclose my speeding tickets. (Honestly, they have to update that question. When you read it, you think of something like drugs or some other serious stuff like that, not a speeding ticket. But I disgress.) I filed the application 3 weeks ago. Since then I got information about 2 out 3 tickets. I got the third ticket 8 years ago and neither police or municipal court have any information on that ticket. I was 20 years old and at that age as you can imagine keeping your records straight is a rather challenging task. So, I have no information on that ticket. What should I do about it? I mean, the fact that I didn't have a warrant issued means that it was taken care of, right?

Anyway, I've had 3 speeding tickets in the past 10 years. Hopefully that's not too many.

Comment

Actually, they did update that question. In the previous version of the N400 they excluded traffic violations. The more recent N400 includes them.

I had a speeding ticket from 20 years ago, from 11 years ago, and another infraction from 8 years ago. I did not have any records from any of them and it was not a problem.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation