Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• immigration blues

I shall appreciate readers' opinion about my case. I have an approved I-130 petition but I also have an order of deportation because I did not appear in my deportation hearing in 1994. I filed for asylum in 1991 and was eventually denied. I had no legitimate reason for not appearing in the hearing.
    Some immigratin lawyers said my case is hopeless.

Hi there...try to put your question in online chat with lawyer on this website... try this website also...

www.britishexpats.com

I guess you will have to depart USA and then if its a marriage based petition...u will have chance to file a waiver... I dont think there is a way u can adjust your status without leaving USA... you should talk to a competent lawyer...good luck...Pasha

Comment

Thank you for the info Pasha Patel. By the way, my son filed the I-130 petition for me. Should I finish the 10 yr ban before I file for the waiver? You seem to be have a lot of knowledge about this kind of thing.

Comment

ALL GRINTS ARE THE SAME , ALL ARE ****STERS/FRAUDSTERS, I TELL YOU!!!

YES , EPIC, I KNOW, YOU RIGHT!!!
        THEY ARE ALL THE SAME ****!!!

HAVE YOU SEEN DEPO MAN AROUND?

NO, BUT LET ME CALL HIM!!!
        DEPO MAAAAAN!!!!
        DEPO MAAAAAN!!!!
        WAKE UP, DEPO MAN!!!
        COME AND GET THESE ****STER/FRAUDSTER GRINTS OUT OF HERE!!!

Comment

I love your originality epic.........not

Comment

LOOK , HE IS AFRAID OF TRUTH!!!

YES EPIC, I KNOW!!!
            BECAUSE HE IS A GRINT!!!

YES, YOU RIGHT, THAT'S WHY!!!

**** ON GRINTS!!!

YES, **** ON GRINTS!!!

Comment

Unfortunately your situation *is* hopeless. I know a person in the same exact situation, I-130 approved, deportation order after missing court hearing. The difference was he didn't know about the order. The couple filed I-130 first which was approved. Then after filing I-485 it was returned with a hand written note to file in person at a local office. After showing up at the local office he was detained and spent 3 months in county jail while a lawyer tried to re-open the asylum case and fight the deportation order. The request was denied and he was deported.

After that a 10 year ban kicked in and another concurrent 5 year one for deportation. After that they had to file form I-824 (petition for action on an approved petition or application) to switch to consular processing. This was because on the I-130 they specified that an alien will be adjusting status and not go through consular processing abroad. That took another year to get approved. Although these days it takes about 6 months.

The I-130 went through regular processing through the NVC and further to the embassy. At the visa interview he was denied a visa and submitted two waivers: I-601 for an overstay and I-212 for deportation. Along with those waivers one have to submit a hardship letter that details extreme hardships to a USC spouse in case a visa is denied and a USC spouse is relocating to the alien's country. To prepare an approvable hardship letter you don't need a lawyer. There's a very good web resource of people filing those waivers: immigrate2us.net. It has examples of approved letters, hardships guide lines (what the DHS adjudicators are looking for), real people stories, etc.

Unfortunately having a deportation order these days is a 100% a one way ticket out of the U.S. The process of returning is long and frustrating. The guy I described is out of the country for almost 3 years now (well, 9 months past before a lawyer filed I-824 so it would've been really 2 years and 3 months if the lawyer acted promptly) but he just learnt that the waivers were approved and it'll take another few weeks to obtain the visa and return to the U.S. as an unconditional permanent resident (IR1) because the couple is married for over 2 years by now.

Cheers.

Comment

ANOTHER FRAUDSTER BEATS THE SYSTEM!!!

Comment

Thank you Sup!!

Comment

Out, out, ****STER!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives