Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LPR overstayed in the Phils, what to do next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LPR overstayed in the Phils, what to do next?

my sister is a US citizen and her daughter is a LPR, they overstayed in the Phils for about a year. my sister was allowed back to the US except for her daughter. the embassy instructed her to go back to the US by herself and repetition her daughter. she came back to the states and filed for I-130 again on 02/13/03 and is still waiting for an approval. is there any other way to speed up my niece's arrival? (re-petition is 13 mos to date)

my sister is a US citizen and her daughter is a LPR, they overstayed in the Phils for about a year. my sister was allowed back to the US except for her daughter. the embassy instructed her to go back to the US by herself and repetition her daughter. she came back to the states and filed for I-130 again on 02/13/03 and is still waiting for an approval. is there any other way to speed up my niece's arrival? (re-petition is 13 mos to date)

Comment

she didn't need a new I-130. The old one is still good.

Comment

Why would she need another I -130 when at first place she is LPR.... Is it something else ?

Comment

I think because her daughter was an LPR and was outside of the U.S. for over a year she lost her resident status. The good news is that she doesn't need another I-130. She can file with the embassy for a Returning Resident Visa. I'm not sure how long it takes to obtain one. Visa number is immediately available. There's more info about this visa on CIS web site.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation