Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal teenager, been here for 13 years

Well I came across this website trying to find help for a friend. I'd liek to start first off by saying I don't know the first thing about immigration laws but just found out that a very close friend of mine that I have known forever isn't legal... I just wanted to try and find some kind of help for her if I could. Everyone on here seems to know a lot so I thought i would make a post. Basically she was more or less smuggled in at 3 years old, so there are no records of her in the united states. Just a foreign passport and birth certificate. Shes lived a normal life since then, but now its actually becoming a major problem. (Working issues, college issues, driving issues...) Basically she is doing outstanding in the school system here and could never even think about leaving the country. I'm wondering what, if anything can she do? Is there ANY possible solution?

Well I came across this website trying to find help for a friend. I'd liek to start first off by saying I don't know the first thing about immigration laws but just found out that a very close friend of mine that I have known forever isn't legal... I just wanted to try and find some kind of help for her if I could. Everyone on here seems to know a lot so I thought i would make a post. Basically she was more or less smuggled in at 3 years old, so there are no records of her in the united states. Just a foreign passport and birth certificate. Shes lived a normal life since then, but now its actually becoming a major problem. (Working issues, college issues, driving issues...) Basically she is doing outstanding in the school system here and could never even think about leaving the country. I'm wondering what, if anything can she do? Is there ANY possible solution?

Comment

go to the INS and claim you were grown up as part of some irish gypsy cult.

if you're white and have no accent -- they won't deport you. Just say you were born here that's all you were told.

(throw that bc away!)

Since the INS has no idea where you came from, and can't contact your parents (put them in hiding). They'll have to give you citizenship! Cool huh?

note: according to some here, that's the easiest guaranteed way to get citizenship.

Chalk up on your gypsy skills.

-= nav =-

Comment

Ha ha, moodin is funny. Any who... under current law there isn't anything for illegal entrants unless someone petitioned for them prior to April 30, 2001. Your friend is OK until she turns 18. On her 18th birthday she starts accruing unlawful presence. So she should get out of the US before she turns 18 and a half, then find a legal way of coming back. Or she can sit around hoping she isn't deported before some inevitable form of amnesty.

Comment

You may be able to find advice at a much friendlier website than this one: http://www.immigrate2us.net
          Have a nice day

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed