Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N 400 - approved

Today I had my interview in San Bernardino office.
    My application got approved now I have to wait for the oath ceremony.
    Thanks to this board that gave me the idea to contact the congressman's office. My application was in the Service Center in California since September 2002 , in April 2004 I contacted the Congressman office and they did speed up processing of my N-400.
    The officer was very nice and the interview lasted 15 - 20 minutes.
    Anyway, I wish everybody gets his application approved and just be patient and honest with the INS and everything will be all right.

Today I had my interview in San Bernardino office.
    My application got approved now I have to wait for the oath ceremony.
    Thanks to this board that gave me the idea to contact the congressman's office. My application was in the Service Center in California since September 2002 , in April 2004 I contacted the Congressman office and they did speed up processing of my N-400.
    The officer was very nice and the interview lasted 15 - 20 minutes.
    Anyway, I wish everybody gets his application approved and just be patient and honest with the INS and everything will be all right.

Comment

I have one comming up as well, if you can give more details, it would be great.
      Particularly:
      what documents you had to bring
      what questions were you asked.

Thanks in advance
      ...Mistake Recognized is half corrected ...

Comment

What questions were asked?

Comment

The officer asked me 8 questions about the history and government test ( who was the first president, what are the colors of the flag, who are the two senators of California, who is the president now, what do the stripes mean, why we celebrate fourth of July, name the 13 first colonies, when do we vote for the president) and she wrote passed 100% because I got all the answers then I had to read part of my application , and also write two sentences and she said congratulations you passed the english and civic test.
          She asked question about everything in the application saying is it true that your name is ..., your date of birth is ..., and kept marking them with red marker how many times you have travelled out of the country, how many times you have been married(I got the green card based on marrying an USC ) have you paid taxes, and all other questions that are on the application finally she said do you believe in Constitution and are you willing to take the Oath and I said yes so she said sign the application.
          Then she told me that the Oath Ceremony is once a month and if I don't get a notice for this month's one for sure I 'll get one in August.

Comment

DID OFFICER ASK QUESTIONA ABOUT CIVIC AND GOVT VERBALLY OR ON A PAPER? DID SHE ASK ABOUT PAYING TAXES?

Comment

I got my N-400 interview today and passed too.
              The officer went through the routine questions in the application such as .."has you ever committed any crime...bla bla bla"...
              Asked me about my trips out of the country.
              He was just going through my N-400 application.
              Questions asked:
              -What do the 13 stripes on the flag mean?
              -In what month do we vote for the president?
              -In what year was the constitution written?
              -For How long do we elect the representatives?
              -How many senators are there in the Congress?
              -What are the two major political parties in the US Today?
              -What is the 50th state of the Union?
              -What Country did we fight during the Revolutionary War?
              The officer asked me to read a sentence "She is her daughter and he is his son", then he asked me to write down the following sentence "She is happy with the house"
              After that he printed out a piece of paper, he wrote down approved 100%. Made me sign some paper to verify my name.
              Then said congratulations you are approved, my supervisor has to check everything is fine and you can wait in the lobby where they will call you and give you a letter with the details of the next Oath Ceremony which will be on Friday July 30, 2004.
              I hope this experience is helpful to those who are waiting for their interviews.
              Good luck.

Comment

Dear Yoly & Wayne

How the h e c k are ya!

Congrats!!!!!

Wishing you 2 the best in life ..

Where have you been...missing all this fun.

Comment

Hello 4now:

We are fine. Once for a while we come to this board, read and we don't post becuase you know how things get around here. Heheheh....sometimes is fun sometimes is a little too much to take.
                  Also we really know about our case, we don't really know that much about different cases.
                  But here we are in the final process....just wating for that oath ceremony.
                  I wonder how are doing the other ones who were through the painful waiting process of the (unforgettable I-751)..??

Hope you are doing great 4now!!!

Comment

Yoly&Wayne:

CONGRATULATIONS! BTW - My I-751 was approved a few weeks ago (FINALLY!)

Dielli:

Congratulations to you too!

ARQU

Comment

ARQU:
                      Good for you. Just a few more steps.
                      Keep going!!!

Comment

No, I think this is where I stop. I'll just stay with the 10yr GC and avoid any potential complications with a N-400.

My next experience will be later this month when I take my son back to get him a new GC - he just turned 14 and now we need to go back and get him fingerprinted, etc... Another $180 to the INS... And yet more pics... It never ends - just like the line outside the district office!

ARQU

Comment

Congratulations dielli

Hey Yoly & Wayne

Whats up? Congratulations .... And thanks for the update ... we are still hanging there .... Will let you know as soon as I get anything from BCIS...take care... Pasha

Comment

Hy Pasha....

Hang in there, Everything will be fine.
                            As I said my Oath ceremony is scheduled for Friday July 30th.
                            I will be back to tell you more about my experience.

JohnDoe:
                            I hope you read this post, above you can find my N-400 interview experience, which you asked for.

Yoly

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed