Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Parole for Travels (I-512)

Today I am received my I-512 and I called USCI and State Department because I need to know if the I-512 is used instead of a Visa. I have no a machine readable passport (Italy is my country) so I thought the I-512 could be enough. I called twice and both times they said to me that I can't travel outside the US, because most likely I won't be admitted (I have an I-485 pending). This is simply ridicolous; I found tons of documents proving that I am right. Does the immigration give correct answers?

Today I am received my I-512 and I called USCI and State Department because I need to know if the I-512 is used instead of a Visa. I have no a machine readable passport (Italy is my country) so I thought the I-512 could be enough. I called twice and both times they said to me that I can't travel outside the US, because most likely I won't be admitted (I have an I-485 pending). This is simply ridicolous; I found tons of documents proving that I am right. Does the immigration give correct answers?

Comment

If you're an AOS applicant then yes, in most cases an AP & your passport is sufficient to reenter the US. If you file your I-485 under some special cirmcustances such as the LIFE Act or have any "negative" marks against you in the eyes of immigration or the law, its not a good idea to travel outside the USA period until your GC is approved.

Comment

This is exactly what I think. I never tried to fool around immigration laws and I applied for my green card 4 months ago. And I know that even with a GC nobody is sure to be accepted. My point is: does the immigration service know the law? They gave me this answer in 2 occasions (2 different people) and I know that the I-512 substantially is a substitute for a Visa (which I cannot obtain, because doesn't exist a category such as "waiting for a GC immigrant"). Technically I am neither an immigrant or a not immigrant.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation