Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my wifes status

i married my wife about 4 years ago, she is a citizen of canada, i was born in america, she came to america when she was 8 with her mother,she is now 22, her mother was married here in america and has filed for citizenship. it has now been 11 years since then and her mother is not a citizen, now that i married my wife she wants to become a resident, what do i need to do to help accomplish this, please help me out. she also has a ss# but is says "not valid for work" on it

i married my wife about 4 years ago, she is a citizen of canada, i was born in america, she came to america when she was 8 with her mother,she is now 22, her mother was married here in america and has filed for citizenship. it has now been 11 years since then and her mother is not a citizen, now that i married my wife she wants to become a resident, what do i need to do to help accomplish this, please help me out. she also has a ss# but is says "not valid for work" on it

Comment

You need to complete the following: I-130, I-485 and I-765. You can download all these from the USCIS webpage. Just following the instructions. Memebers of this board can help if you have questions along the way.

Comment

i thank you very much

Comment

after we got all those forms and filled them in i wanted to ask my wife has worked and she also paid taxes will this hurt her chances?

Comment

Unauthorized work is forgiven if the alien is seeking permanent residency based upon marriage to a US citizen.
            The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation