Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS A SPONSOR MANDATORY FOR THE I-485 APPLICATION

I am getting ready to send out my I-485 application but it states that i need a sponsor and i have no one. My father is a premenant resident but i have no communication with him.. so i want to know if the Affidavit for Sponsor is needed? or can i send my application without it?....I am trying to know before i turn 21. I would really appericate if someone can respond back?

I am getting ready to send out my I-485 application but it states that i need a sponsor and i have no one. My father is a premenant resident but i have no communication with him.. so i want to know if the Affidavit for Sponsor is needed? or can i send my application without it?....I am trying to know before i turn 21. I would really appericate if someone can respond back?

Comment

Jona, you need both: a sponsor and Affidavit of support from the sponsor...

On what basis you plan to apply for green card?

Comment

I am applying on the basis that my father is a premanent resident but the only problem is that i dont know where he is to get any information from him..to send to show that he is a premanent resident...i have no other relatives or persons i know who is a citizen or resident...what should i do..i made an appointment to speak to a lawyer...???

Comment

Your father has to petition for you first by submitting I-130. When that's approved, and a visa number is available to you, you file for adjustment of status.

I am sorry, but I don't see how can you do it without your father (if you claim him as your sponsor).

Comment

Yes, you need a sponsor you you to be able to send your application,if you send it they will send back your application.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation