Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My husband has overstayed his visa, can you help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good, Hudson !
    Now I can give you the Fire of Prometheus to hold and Brighten the Dark passage for fellows in need.

P.S. I AM OFFIICIALLY REGISTERED TITAN PROMETHEUS, SON OF LAPETUS !

Comment

Hudson,

thank you for your response! My husband and I just married 4 months ago. We have not filed joint tax returns as of yet.

Comment

Zigmund Freud shall be proud of you!

Infantilism elevated to the skies.

Comment

Scared,
          Thank you for the compliment, Scared.

If you were married as of 12/31/2005, then you are considered married throughout the entire year. therefore, for tax year 2005, you should file Married filing jointly. I would suggest either filing an amended return if you have already filed, or file marrid filing jointly when you file your 2005 return.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Hello all,

We received notice today that our I-765, I-130 and I-485 had been received. The notice said that our next step would be the biometrics test and that we would receive notice of a day and time of where to take the test.

My accountant is now filing an amendment to my taxes, since I had in fact filed single. He is looking up the tax laws for us so that we'll know what we are doing.

That's the update for now. Thank you all for your help.

Comment

Good Luck with your LPR,
              IE

Comment

Can anyone tell me how long we can expect to wait for the biometrics appointment? Or what is the next step in the process period?

I was telling my husband just yesterday that maybe we needed to contact the attorney to see if the paperwork had been sent out, and when we reached home we had three letters from immigration. We just visited the attorney on March 4, so I was shocked to hear from immigration so soon. If anyone can tell me what to expect next, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone,

I cannot believe how fast everything is moving, at least so far! We received notice today that the biometrics appointment will be April 5th.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation