Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My husband has overstayed his visa, can you help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, but you still didn't answer my questions.

Comment

If he entered legally, the overstay and unauthorized employment are not relevant because the law specifically mentions that those factors are not considered for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens.
      You should be occupied with preparing the application the best you can. Remember that the documentation you send now to support the application can avoid future delays. You should consult with an attorney if you need specific information.

Comment

Thank you Houston!!!

Comment

Actually, there's more than the I-130 to be filled out. The I-485, etc is necessary in order to adjust status. www.uscis.gov gives very concise instructions, along with necessary forms.

Comment

It is now referrd to as Permanent Resident Card, I know you do not mean to be rude after what you said they do refer to the
            i-130 as Petition for Alien relative but to me it sounds so bad, I commend you on your knowledge of the immigration system, and for your willimgness and time to help, sorry if I overreacted on the matterit is just that i am so sensitive to the word Alien.

Comment

Ren: It seems like you need to calm down a little bit. Are you an illegal alien?

Comment

ANOTHER LYING FASCIST POSTS HERE !!!

Comment

great, another village idiot who supports illegal immigration and has NO patriotism for the United States of America......wonderful....it's sad to see that human beings, at least those who live in trailer parks, are at the bottom of the phylum scale.
                  Why can't American citizens respect the laws of the very country they are citizens of?
                  Why are these morons taken in by irresponsible visa cheats, whose only real interest in these sad, pathetic losers, is obtaining a green card?
                  Wake up and smell the coffee.

Comment

ANOTHER LYING FASCIST POSTS HERE !!!

FASCISTS WRITE ONLY TWO KINDS OF POSTS:

1. PHONY POSTS WHERE FASCIST MEMBERS PRETEND TO BE CRIMINAL ALIENS IN SEARCH OF GC ( SO THEY CAN TRASH THE IMAGES OF IMMIGRANTS FIRST ).

2. THE SAME FASCIST MEMBERS , USING DIFFERENT ID'S, COME BACK TO ATTACK THOSE "WHOULD BE IMMIGRANTS" (PRODUCTS OF THEIR OWN POSTINGS).

THESE FASCISTS ON THIS FORUM HATE IMMIGRANTS, ALL IMMIGRANTS !!!

DOWN WITH FASCISTS !!!

LONG LIVE U.S.A. !!!

FOR REAL IMMIGRATION INFO AND HELP VISIT:

WWW.IMMIGRATION.COM

Comment

Houston,

When do you recommend me changing my name. Should I wait until after my husband has received his SS#, etc.?

Thanks!

Comment

To Sundevilusa, I should not even be dignifying you with an answer, becuse you are just a stupid ****, 17 years in the US and **** legal too, have you ever left the US? 'dou you have a life ?'do you work? I do not have to bash people to make myself feel whole, I love america and veery proud to be here, i am also proud to be an immigrant. Thus the reason why I detest a moron like you, so why don;t you go back to sleep and dream about the tragedy which is your pathetic life, and by the way this will be my only response to you, you are not worth the effort.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help. We met with our attorney on Sat. We filed a lot of papers. Forgive me if I don't know them all. I know we filed the I130, the I485? and a few others. One was for biometrics? I had no idea that I needed to submit tax returns, so we returned to the office and submitted those. The attorney said that we should not have any problems. I am just going to keep my fingers crossed that everything works out.

Thanks again.

Comment

If he's been here 14 years, presumably he's been working. If he hasn't filed/paid taxes, that will cause a problem--with the IRS. Better take care of that. There will likely be penalties and fines.

Comment

I guess we will deal with the tax issue when the time comes. I'm not sure what or where to go to find out that information at this time. He has had jobs that did take out for income taxes, and he has kept all of those records. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Personally (I'm not a lawyer), I think you'd better make getting the tax issue straightened out a priority. The penalties for not filing and not paying enough taxes (including the Social Security tax) can be a lot worse than what Immigration will do to your husband. The IRS decides what to do about the tax issue, not Immigration.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation