Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: i485 pending

My husband and I went to i-485 interview two months ago. At the end of the interview, the officer did not reach a decision, however, she requested more evidence which we presented two days after the request.

Two weeks ago , I recieved a letter in the mail that I should have my biomatricks and fingerprints taken. This I did, but to date I have not heard anything from INS.

Does anyone have any idea of whats going on? Why would I be asked to have biomatricks taken after an interview in which no decision was made?
    Thanks for your answers.
    at

My husband and I went to i-485 interview two months ago. At the end of the interview, the officer did not reach a decision, however, she requested more evidence which we presented two days after the request.

Two weeks ago , I recieved a letter in the mail that I should have my biomatricks and fingerprints taken. This I did, but to date I have not heard anything from INS.

Does anyone have any idea of whats going on? Why would I be asked to have biomatricks taken after an interview in which no decision was made?
    Thanks for your answers.
    at

Comment

Was that the 2nd biometrics and fingerprint taken or the first since AOS process started?

Comment

Thanks for your response Marmaduks, and yes it was my second biomatricks.
        at

Comment

Hi annep
          from wat ever i read for the past few days around; it seems that u will get ur card soon.
          Reason:
          I think ur previous set of fingerprints might have expired and they want new ones now before formally approving u.

Comment

thanks gplds for your responce.
            at

Comment

FP expires after 15-18 months (can't remember for sure). If that's indeed the reason, they seldom asked for a 2nd one unless it past those period. Also, its possible thats the first FP is "unreadable", hence the need for 2nd one. More uncommon since they used those fancy scanning machine instead of the old day of paper and ink.

Comment

Hi!
                Before my scheduled AOS interview (Aug 2, 2005, Atlanta), I received a notice requiring me to have new fingerprints & biometrics re-done (Aug 11, 2005).

During the interview I showed the notice to the BCIS officer & he gave me a new notice so I can have the fingerprint & bio after the interview instead of Aug 11.

It took about 8 days (Aug 10, 2005) before the new fingerprints & biometrics were submitted to BCIS.

My AOS was approved Sept 2, 2005.

So, in your case, your first set of fingerprints & biometrics must have expired that's why you need new ones.
                Good luck in your application.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed