Expulsion and Reunion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies to the readers for having to reply to the individual above who has historically disrupted and steered off-topic any meaningful discussion of the important and relevant to immigration matter subjects.

To the Moderator: Under the posted forum guidelines you may find it necessary to remove any unrelated to this thread posts and I have absolutely no objections if all distracting , off topic replies are permanently removed.
    I will open a separate thread to address the "straw man".

I am reposing below my earlier reply to draw attention of readers back to what this thread is about:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1. Why did this couple apply for LPR benefit?

There is no Federal statute under which the LPR can be granted to this individual.

Just imagine all the noise and headlines with "Obama administration breaks the law and illegally grants LPR status under non-existing statute"

That would not be a prosecutorial discretion, that would be an abuse of federal authority.

This being said, usually I-130 are always approved and, if beneficiary is in US illegally, USCIS doesn't refer it to ICE for removal proceedings. In this case I-130 was denied. I don't know why would't ICE drop this case in light of recent discretionary power granted.
    What are the facts of the case?

Anyway, speculations aside, it seems that this couple shares part of responsibility for applying under immediate family preference as a same-s.ex couple when , clearly, there is no such law that would allow them to get the benefit they were seeking. It seems unlikely that deportee would be targeted as high-priority for removal, had they not applied for non-existent benefit to begin with.

It remains to be seen if ICE would actually remove that particular individual.
    Regular ICE employees, field officers in charge of executing warrants and arresting illegal aliens, themselves seem to be more concerned with perpetually increased tasks and accompanying freeze on pay more so than with Morton memo or prosecutorial discretion , they publicly decry their own union who makes much ado about Morton while ignoring their actual needs and concerns.
    So, let's see how this case will be handled.
    But sometimes , if you can pin it on anti-immigrant forces (as you must, in all fairness), what appears like a very sad story can be a blessing in disguize. Therefore, even if deported, each publicized case can help to raise awareness.This couples' future may be sacrificed, but with right amount of publicity and outrage generated by publishing many more similar stories it can help to shoot in the feet those who advocate inhuman treatment of human beings in this country.
    Come the voting season and the papers should publish more of stories like that.

2. Regarding the second video:

The laws of this country are not broken, they were REPEALED (!) by 1996 immigration reform law.
    There were draconian changes to US INA in the year 1996 and all you need to do is just remove parts of 1996 that are clearly counter productive and against any norms of human rights as known in this country since its' formation.

Make the punishment consistent with the standards held in other proceedings. Even if you say INA is subject to different set of standards than the laws written for Citizens of this country, still, there has to be some measure of proportion in all this.

Anyone, go look at the facts: look how many people murder, steal millions, commit horrible crimes and get sentenced to 5-8 years , which they don't even serve when their sentences get commuted to time served or to half of what was intended (due to "good behavior" or what not).

And here you have individuals who know no other country than US or have deep roots in this country with no criminal records whatsoever and you want to banish them for 10 years for spending an extra year with their family?

What a farcical charade all this is ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Stupid Olde moron, exclusion is for arriving aliens, removal is for aliens in the U.S.

Comment

we all have got a speeding ticket why should a family be in two different countries ? I know some of you don't like it be who is the judge but God
        Michael O

Comment

Bill Maher lays waste to Religion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYW2***FVtU

Fix the link by substituting the * [stars] with x X x [case sensitive, no space between characters] , or go to www.YouTube.com and type in search frame "Bill Maher lays waste to Religion", get the video, click on it and enjoy the clip
          http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation