replied
    Here is my address:
    1. Dasturcon@yahoo.com
    2. shaikhahd@yahoo.com

Leave a comment:

• jessica
    replied
    Dear Dastur,
    thanks for ur help and I wish u a happy new year.
    I was wondering if u had a private email so I could ask u some advice.
    thankss

Leave a comment:

• Dastur
    replied
    I have been reading all what is posted here and sorry to say none have come with any answer to your question.
    1 Your visa class was A-2, as immediate family member of a visa Class A-1, Which is issued to Anbassadors, Public Minister, Career Diplomat or Cossular Officr and Immediate family.
    Diplomatic Visa issued Under Sec.101(a)(15)(A)(i), 101(a)(15)(A)(ii),or 101(a)(15)(A)(iii) of INA.
    If a child born to any diplomat in the United States he/she if listed on the Blue List of the Department of State, then the child is not the US citizen. in some cases the child was granted the citienship.
    According to the INA SEC. 301[8 U.S.C. 1401] The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United Statesat birth:
    (a) a person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof;
    (b) a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal trive: Provided, that the granting of citizenship under this subsection shall not in any manner impair or otherwise affect the right of such person to tribal or other property;
    The INA has no Section of the law to denial of her citizenship. Accept for the Blue list maintained by the DOS. I have not seen any law in this regards.

I have a question to all who claims a US Citizenship.
    Dot you need a visa to come to United States?
    If you do not need a visa, then why jessica needs a visa to come to US?
    Please provide with section of the INA/CFR,

Publicus: Some countries have duel citizenship, that is not an International laws, show me the section of the law, which say's to abide by the International Law, Every country has its Immigration laws, rules and regulations.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Dear Jessica: no matter what some ethically challenged immigration attorney tells you (for a price) if your parents were in diplomatic status when you were born, you are NOT (N...O....T) an American citizen---- and that's the way it is and has been for decades.
    If this dirtbag attorney is trying to sell you a different tune, do not buy. In fact, this idea of the sleazy attorney talking about residency already demonstrates that you are not a citizen and cannot be one now....otherwise, this charlatan would be talking about a blue passport.
    Stop whining; get over it; you cannot change our laws just because you think you should be the exception to the rule (and fire that dumba$$ attorney!!).

Leave a comment:

• Houston
    replied
    This is an issue long debaded in circuit courts and decided upon. The answer is a clear no, you are not a US citizen even if you were born in the US and lived here all your life if your parents had diplomatic credentials. There's nothing any lawyer can do about it cause any argument would be defeated by the fact that your parents held diplomatic credentials. Period. You should explore other options such as naturalization, if possible, based on your residence, consult your attorney for more info.

Leave a comment:

• jessica
    replied
    Marasmus,
    my email address is babyfright@hotmail.com
    thank u for ur help

Leave a comment:

• rinar
    replied
    I keep reading and reading... Jessiaca, what part of "NO" dont you understand???
    You have to apply for Green Card first, but you have to have basis for that too.

Leave a comment:

• jessica
    replied
    Marasmus

I am 23 years old, I live in the UK and I am an Information Technology Assistant. I have an MBA in Management of Information Technology.

Leave a comment:

• jessica
    replied
    thanks! how long would it take to get it?

Leave a comment:

• AliBA
    replied
    You need to have a basis for applying for a green card, Jessica, either family or employment sponsorship. In rare instances, such as a world class talent, you may be able to self-sponsor.

Nowadays, most employment-based green card holders seem to have started out as H1-Bs, but there's no guarantee of sponsorship.

Leave a comment:

• jessica
    replied
    yes I think that would be the best option. I ve never been in the States since 1988, would that affect my application?

Leave a comment:

• Marasmus
    replied
    Jessica,
    Dont try to use something you cannot back up, because it cant help your case in any way. is that a deal?

Well the law is not on your side in your case and proving your case will be an uphill task-to waste money if you ask me.

Why dont you focus on getting a greencard instead?

Leave a comment:

• jessica
    replied
    Well I don t know where u could read that from. This lady was a daughter of a diplomate who was working with my father. At that time, my father didn t apply for the US Citizenship for my sister and myself since he prefers us to keep the European one.I wanted to get in touch with my father ex colleague so he could provide me more details about it, unfortunately he s not a diplomate anymore and we don t know how to get in touch with him.

Leave a comment:

• Marasmus
    replied
    It would help if you would tell us more about 'the other case' and tell us where to read that from, and also for you to tell us if thats identical to your case.

As for how to get a green card, thats too general a question.

Read:
    http://uscis.gov/graphics/faqsgen.htm#greencard

Leave a comment:

• jessica
    replied
    Marasmus,

I am not trying to force things out. I just wanted to know what people think about this and give me advice on whether to spend my money on lawyers or not. Actually, there is a case of a daughter of a diplomate who got the U.S. nationality. She took a lawyer and then after two years she got it but this was long time ago... For this reason, I am wondering if I could get it as well.
    Anyway, if I can t get it, I will at least want to have a green card, how long does it take and what is the eligibility for it?

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation