•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marasmus
    replied
    Jessica,
    Stop trying to force things, it wont work!

You are not a US citizen by birth even if you get the most expensive lawyer, they will just take your money and run because you are trying to fight something thats so easily laid out in the constitution.

If I were you, I would get a 30 minute (free?) consultation first with this lying laywer/liar and see how he/she thinks you will get your green card, before committing large amounts of money to something that will obviously fail.

By the way, if you said that the lawyer said that 'he could help me first get the green card and then the nationality', it means that he will not try to help you on the basis of being a citizen, but rather he will look into ways to first get a greencard which could mean the one of many ways of becoming a US permanent resident.

He seems to see also that you are not a US citizen at birth, so as you can see, you are alone on that aspect, no one else thinks you are a citizen at birth.

And if you are so inclined to think you are one, why dont you just ask your father whether you are a US citizen? He definitely knows you are not one.

You need to look into ways of getting a greencard pure and simple instead of trying to waste time and money to prove you are a US citizen which you are not and have never been!

Leave a comment:

• Dastur
    replied
    Right now it is 7am here and I will leave for my work will give you information some time today.

Leave a comment:

• jessica
    replied
    We have the same Nationality.I am in the UK.
    I have found an attorney who says that he could help me first get the green card and then the nationality. But before spending my money, I would like to know what people think about this.

Leave a comment:

• Dastur
    replied
    Where are you now in UK or US?
    If in US are you traveling on your Diplomatic Passport?
    What about your parents Citizenship?

Leave a comment:

• Publicus
    replied
    Dastur, it is not the US law that dictates this, rather the International law does. Many countries like the US have Birthright Citizenship, such as Brazil, Argentina, and Spain, but all abide by International law, which dictates: Diplomat kids are not citizens.

Leave a comment:

• jessica
    replied
    I have the Spanish Citizenship and yes my father is woking as a diplomat in the UK

Leave a comment:

• Dastur
    replied
    Well it is fair or unfair that's the way the US Laws are written.

What is your current citizenship is?
    "My father is a first consular," It sounds like you are in the United States and your father is still in Diplomatc Mission?

Leave a comment:

• jessica
    replied
    My father is a first councelor.

Leave a comment:

• jessica
    replied
    I just think it is unfair for us. I was born there and lived there 7 years. I love the American culture and I know for sure that I want to live there.

Leave a comment:

• Dastur
    replied
    When a child born to diplomats in the United States they are not US Citizens.

Since you was born in US, Who was diplomat, Father/Mother, and what was his/her position at the time of your birth?

Before you talk to the lawyer let us have some more information to my above questions.

Leave a comment:

• Publicus
    replied
    Jessica, Marasmus is correct. Although the 14th amendment grants Citizenship to people born on American soil, there is an exception.

The United States currently grants automatic U.S. citizenship to almost all children born in the United States, regardless of whether the parents are U.S. citizens, legal residents, temporary visitors, or illegal aliens in the United States. The only exceptions to this rule, are the children of foreign diplomats stationed in the United States, whose citizenship at birth is governed by international treaty.

But you are right, it doesn't hurt to speak to an attorney about this. Are you, like our Founding Fathers, fed up with the old UK?

Leave a comment:

• jessica
    replied
    thanks. are u a lawyer?

Leave a comment:

• Marasmus
    replied
    no.

Leave a comment:

• jessica
    replied
    there is a lawyer who states that he has handled this particular cases. Do u think it is possible? is he being honest?

Leave a comment:

• Marasmus
    replied
    no.

If your parents have a diplomatic passport at your birth, then you do NOT become a citizen by birth.Instead, you are a citizen of the country they are from.

Read this:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/citizen.htm

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs