X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a9b3h5
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by calicowest:
    I have never said Palin is bad because how she looks are where she lives. But, it said alot about Alaska to pick her to govern their state, she doesn't know alot about everything, pick any subject and she will screw it up with stupid thought. Those few interviews and conversations without a teleproter does show her thought process, which is simply at the level of a retard. Now, a VP pick can't recall one Supreme Court ruling beside Roe vs Wade, it simply stupidity. None of you on the post can justify her stupidity unless you are in the same category. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You know Calico, I have a friend who has a Ph.D in physics. My friend is a poor interviewer and becomes very nervous during that interview. Furthermore, my friend's verbal communication skills are sometimes hard to understand. This has resulted in lost job promotion and mockery behind my friend's back.

What I am trying to say to you is that a poor interview does not always show a person's intelligence nor does the interview provide a full picture on their qualifications. This is why I do not believe in first impressions. Interviewing is an acquired skill whether it is on television or placement for a job at McDonald's.

Oh, BTW, you have accosted Gov Palin because of her looks by calling her a bimbo, among other things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said Hudson. With the same token when a person who portrays' himself/herself in front of a TV and fools you into thinking he/she knows everything you expect him/her to know is also an Art. Such an art that Obama immensely possesses that fools are blindly fooling him to hell.

Leave a comment:

• a9b3h5
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by calicowest:
    I have never said Palin is bad because how she looks are where she lives. But, it said alot about Alaska to pick her to govern their state, she doesn't know alot about everything, pick any subject and she will screw it up with stupid thought. Those few interviews and conversations without a teleproter does show her thought process, which is simply at the level of a retard. Now, a VP pick can't recall one Supreme Court ruling beside Roe vs Wade, it simply stupidity. None of you on the post can justify her stupidity unless you are in the same category. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She was smart enough not to pick a RETARD husband

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    You know Calico, I have a friend who has a Ph.D in physics. My friend is a poor interviewer and becomes very nervous during that interview. Furthermore, my friend's verbal communication skills are sometimes hard to understand. This has resulted in lost job promotion and mockery behind my friend's back.

What I am trying to say to you is that a poor interview does not always show a person's intelligence nor does the interview provide a full picture on their qualifications. This is why I do not believe in first impressions. Interviewing is an acquired skill whether it is on television or placement for a job at McDonald's.

Oh, BTW, you have accosted Gov Palin because of her looks by calling her a bimbo, among other things.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    I think we all know what the verdict is, Hudson. I just hope she can hold her own against Biden on Thursday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I do not know about the debate. Could go either way. Biden has to be careful not to make an impression of a bully toward a woman while Gov Palin needs to change the visual outlook of herself. The other problem is the moderators. They need to make sure the debate flows smoothly and not pick on one candidate or the other.

But with some voters, it will not matter what Biden nor Palin says, nothing will change their minds.

Leave a comment:

• calicowest
    replied
    I have never said Palin is bad because how she looks are where she lives. But, it said alot about Alaska to pick her to govern their state, she doesn't know alot about everything, pick any subject and she will screw it up with stupid thought. Those few interviews and conversations without a teleproter does show her thought process, which is simply at the level of a retard. Now, a VP pick can't recall one Supreme Court ruling beside Roe vs Wade, it simply stupidity. None of you on the post can justify her stupidity unless you are in the same category.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And this now leads us back to Gov Palin. Again, bad interviews have created bad first impressions which has created prejudices and which has created voter apathy and hostility. And the verdict is....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we all know what the verdict is, Hudson. I just hope she can hold her own against Biden on Thursday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must admit, I am looking forward to that debate. I am not that familiar with either of them really so it will give me more of an insight I think.
    I think that Palin of course will be the major one in the spotlight, everyone watching and listening to every word.
    Roll on Thursday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm looking forward to it too, Sprintie. I think it will be a slam dunk for Biden, though. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• Sprint_girl07
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And this now leads us back to Gov Palin. Again, bad interviews have created bad first impressions which has created prejudices and which has created voter apathy and hostility. And the verdict is....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must admit, I am looking forward to that debate. I am not that familiar with either of them really so it will give me more of an insight I think.
    I think that Palin of course will be the major one in the spotlight, everyone watching and listening to every word.
    Roll on Thursday

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied

I think we all know what the verdict is, Hudson. I just hope she can hold her own against Biden on Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hudson, I think you mentioned derivative functions here, and I highly doubt Mrs. Palin knows how to calculate Æ’'(x) for any given function, most likely she doesn't even know what it means! lmao Mrs. Palin was chosen to play the part of the dancing chicken for the GOP, and that's the sad truth of it. What's even sadder, is that she accepted the part. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Houston, I have been around politics long enough not to judge someone's intelligence by the skill of an interview. Nor do I believe in first impressions.

I used derivative functions to express a point that Gov Palin has not given detailed explanations to complex problems in a manner that Calico expects or wants. It was not to show or prove Gov Palin knows about derivative functions, but then again, I would guess that 90% of the general populace does not know either.

She has made mistakes in the interviews, but again, she is the VP candidate, not the Presidential candidate. If we go on the tangent about McCain's health and age, I could provide statistics of men older than McCain, who are in much better health, but in far more stressful environment. Or we can look at JFK who used barbiturates and opiates. The only good news was Dr. Hans Kraus who changed the medical treatment plan in 1962. Or we can look at the increased heart rick in African American men. The point here is not the use of drugs, age, or health condition, the point is in either case, both Presidental candidates have an equal chance to decease in office from natural causes. It is the environment and medical personnel that would have either an adverse or positive effect on the President. The VP job is the best job in the world where you only have to ask one simple question: How do you feel Mr. President."

Finally, I would like to have seen Sen Hutchinson of Texas as the VP candidate rather than Gov Palin, but her choice would have alienated the conservative core of the GOP. If we bring in Rep Ron Paul, he would be too much of an idealist and not enough of a realist to make the GOP ticket worthwhile. Or if we bring in former Gov Mike Huckabee, this would have alienated the independents, but shore up the GOP platform to appear respectable to the voter. Or how about Gov Michael Mronmey? Well, the GOP will have an uphill battle with Gov Romeny's bait and switch tactics. Most voters would be turned off. What all this leads to is that each candidate, if chosen, would have become the "dancing chicken" on the GOP ticket.

And this now leads us back to Gov Palin. Again, bad interviews have created bad first impressions which has created prejudices and which has created voter apathy and hostility. And the verdict is.......

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What I'm simply looking for Palin to say or do is the normal Political talk, not something stupid idiotic soccer mom talk. She's running for V.P. no RTA. On the other hand, what she's given is a woman who can't freaking shut up and allow for a short answer to a question. Reminds me of Girly...she likes to hear herself speak, obviously, while saying nothing at all... major irritation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    So Calico, you want her to blame the Democrats, the immigrants, or some other group in order for you to make fun of her more? Of course, this would be a 30 minute speech in normal political talk.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs. B.
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Houston:
    Hudson, I think you mentioned derivative functions here, and I highly doubt Mrs. Palin knows how to calculate Æ’'(x) for any given function, most likely she doesn't even know what it means! lmao Mrs. Palin was chosen to play the part of the dancing chicken for the GOP, and that's the sad truth of it. What's even sadder, is that she accepted the part.

Now, people here blame Alaskans for the ignorance of Mrs. Palin, and let me say I don't think that's fair.

Sick and tired of people labeling me just because I live out in the country, just because I don't waste my money on stupid krap that won't take me anywhere, because I don't own a designer's suit or because I don't drive a BMW.

Hell, I drive a pickup, wear a hat, boots and spurs strapped to 'em half the time 'cause I'm too dang lazy to just take them off. I cuss, chew and spit. My best friend's a horse and I know what it's like to wet my britches when you hear that cattle running and it's too darned dark to even see where they're coming from. But I own a place probably bigger than your town and have enough cattle to feed me and mine for months on end, if things get ugly.

Does that make me ignorant? Does it? What do they know about me other than what they see? That is the definition of prejudice. Unless you stop to talk to the person then it's simply impossible to understand what's behind the looks. It's shallow, selfish and ignorant by definition to simply define a person by the way that person looks.

Prejudice is dangerous, left alone it tends to grow into other things such as racism, hate and intolerance. So I would recommend to those "educated" fellas that come here to bash others 'cause of the way they look or where they live to stop being ignorant themselves and abandon such dangerous practices that, I'm sure, they wouldn't like others to apply to themselves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those darn derivative functions! Glad I survived those.

Nice post Houston.

Leave a comment:

• Houston
    replied
    The moral of the story, never judge by what they wear,
    Underneath some ragged clothes could be a millionaire,
    So everybody listen don't be fooled by this galoot
    Showing off bronc rider in a continental suit...

Leave a comment:

• Houston
    replied
    Davdah, I couldn't agree more! lol

The one thing and the sure thing
    That I learned since I was born
    Every educated fella
    He ain't just a plum greenhorn
    (Zebra Dunn)

lmao

Leave a comment:

• Houston
    replied
    Hudson, I think you mentioned derivative functions here, and I highly doubt Mrs. Palin knows how to calculate Æ’'(x) for any given function, most likely she doesn't even know what it means! lmao Mrs. Palin was chosen to play the part of the dancing chicken for the GOP, and that's the sad truth of it. What's even sadder, is that she accepted the part.

Now, people here blame Alaskans for the ignorance of Mrs. Palin, and let me say I don't think that's fair.

Sick and tired of people labeling me just because I live out in the country, just because I don't waste my money on stupid krap that won't take me anywhere, because I don't own a designer's suit or because I don't drive a BMW.

Hell, I drive a pickup, wear a hat, boots and spurs strapped to 'em half the time 'cause I'm too dang lazy to just take them off. I cuss, chew and spit. My best friend's a horse and I know what it's like to wet my britches when you hear that cattle running and it's too darned dark to even see where they're coming from. But I own a place probably bigger than your town and have enough cattle to feed me and mine for months on end, if things get ugly.

Does that make me ignorant? Does it? What do they know about me other than what they see? That is the definition of prejudice. Unless you stop to talk to the person then it's simply impossible to understand what's behind the looks. It's shallow, selfish and ignorant by definition to simply define a person by the way that person looks.

Prejudice is dangerous, left alone it tends to grow into other things such as racism, hate and intolerance. So I would recommend to those "educated" fellas that come here to bash others 'cause of the way they look or where they live to stop being ignorant themselves and abandon such dangerous practices that, I'm sure, they wouldn't like others to apply to themselves.

Leave a comment:

• calicowest
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
    www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4476649n?source=mostpop_video

Davdah and all other supporting McCain and Palin

This is a joke, right?

You can't be serious to want this idiot to represent the United Ststes... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Calico,
    Do you normally keep showing the same video from the same interview in an attempt to prove something? I have seen the videos. Again, I ask you, what do you want her to say that might please you.

Hint: In all the interviews so far, she has not provided derivitive calculus equations that might help solve the financial crisis, but she has not said anything too far fetched either. In her first interviews, they were interpersonal. This interview asks her about one of McCain's adviser's. She basically said what was told to her. Now, you can fault the McCain campaign for poor communication, but you cannot expect the VP candidate to know everything about one adviser, top dog or not.

As for the sub prime mortgage crisis, I would agree that she answered poorly. But again, interviews should always be taken at face value no matter who the candidate is. You simply do not know what has been said prior to the interview or how the editing was done and yes, this was edited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I'm simply looking for Palin to say or do is the normal Political talk, not something stupid idiotic soccer mom talk. She's running for V.P. no RTA. On the other hand, what she's given is a woman who can't freaking shut up and allow for a short answer to a question. Reminds me of Girly...she likes to hear herself speak, obviously, while saying nothing at all... major irritation

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation