Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• divorce ait period

How long does a divorced USC, now remarried, must wait till she can apply for a change of status for her new illegal alien husband? ex husband was also an alien, and she applied for his change of status 16 years ago?
    Thanks

How long does a divorced USC, now remarried, must wait till she can apply for a change of status for her new illegal alien husband? ex husband was also an alien, and she applied for his change of status 16 years ago?
    Thanks

Comment

As he is an illegal alien there is not much you can do to adjust his status untill 245(i) has been reinstated or the Bush's Immigration Proposal has been accepted.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
      I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Comment

Sorry I may have mis represented the case. Here it is again: An overstayed student wishes to marry a recently divorced USC who applied, 16 years ago, for her ex husband's PR. As a divorced woman, can she reapply for her new husband's (the overstayed student) change of status or does she have a wait period?

Comment

I don't see any problems as long as the previous marriage has legally ended and the sponsor meets the requirements.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
          I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Comment

thanks
            I was wondering if there is a wait period between the USC wife divorce date and the date on which she can apply for her new husband's Change of Status
            Thank You

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed