X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brit4064
    replied
    By the same token, if Americans stop using drugs, the importing & hostage taking will stop. That is the lesson that should be learned too.

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    And if they stayed in their own country there would be no problems. That is the lesson that should be learned.

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    Very scary. More like reading about something that happens in a 3rd world country, not the USA.

"Prince William's policy of turning illegal immigrants over to ICE has caused police officials to worry of a chilling effect, causing immigrants who are victimized to choose not to report crimes"

An unintended consequence of that policy.

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/...AR2009082202356.html

Very scary stuff! However, do not hesitate to call ICE if something like that would happen to you.

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robin Horton:
    Can anyone explain to me why we are building a fence to keep illegals out when we our administation is working so digently to give all Amnesty.

Seems like a waste of money when ICE and local law enforcement can't arrest them and punish them accordingly. What's the point? False promises </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's to prevent more from coming in and makes perfect sense!

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">administation is working so digently to give all Amnesty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll say it again. Amnesty stands zero chance of passing until our economy is back on its feet. The American people won't stand for it until there are more jobs to go around for everyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fed86 is correct with his post .. It is a cover for amnesty with her "so called enforcement". It is the administration intention to grant amnesty.

what the hec.k is this supposed to mean........

"So our approach is to view Southwest border security along with immigration—or enforcement of the immigration laws in the interior of the country—counternarcotics enforcement and streamline citizenship processes together. These things are inextricably linked. You can’t address one without addressing all."

I suppose they figure if americans were d.umb enough to fall for the Iraq charade, they will be even more stupid to buy this load of c.rap.

Now for the follow thru because the LaRaza and company scream about amnesty being put on back burner.... (Oh I forgot, CIR is supposed to be about reforms for legal immigration, and the policies, but CIR is only coverword for amnesty for illegals.

Now Obama is pressured and now he is back to pushing amensty with healthcare. Coming soon

"President Barack Obama on Thursday managed to undo some of the damage he did recently with immigrants' rights advocates - who were angered when Obama said in Mexico that immigration reform would have to wait until after health care and energy bills passed Congress.
    "

full article

Obama leaning toward immigration reform </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't really remember all the details about the 1986 amnesty President Reagan passed, but would like to know if the conservatives made such big fuzz about that one then too? Why was he allowed to enact one?

Personally, I don't really care about amnesty, I don't have to rely on it, but I am in favor of CIR. Many of the immigration laws are not well thought through and cause more problems than they prevent. I think the 3/10 year bars are a really bad law and actually cause lots of the illegals to have to stay here even if they would have an opportunity to leave.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">administation is working so digently to give all Amnesty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll say it again. Amnesty stands zero chance of passing until our economy is back on its feet. The American people won't stand for it until there are more jobs to go around for everyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fed86 is correct with his post .. It is a cover for amnesty with her "so called enforcement". It is the administration intention to grant amnesty.

what the hec.k is this supposed to mean........

"So our approach is to view Southwest border security along with immigration—or enforcement of the immigration laws in the interior of the country—counternarcotics enforcement and streamline citizenship processes together. These things are inextricably linked. You can’t address one without addressing all."

I suppose they figure if americans were d.umb enough to fall for the Iraq charade, they will be even more stupid to buy this load of c.rap.

Now for the follow thru because the LaRaza and company scream about amnesty being put on back burner.... (Oh I forgot, CIR is supposed to be about reforms for legal immigration, and the policies, but CIR is only coverword for amnesty for illegals.

Now Obama is pressured and now he is back to pushing amensty with healthcare. Coming soon

"President Barack Obama on Thursday managed to undo some of the damage he did recently with immigrants' rights advocates - who were angered when Obama said in Mexico that immigration reform would have to wait until after health care and energy bills passed Congress.
    "

full article

Obama leaning toward immigration reform

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    It is apparant everyone here is under stress. I just received the group prescription.

RX: Everyone is to get drunk and laid tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tonight's theme song </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999 (ooh a video that Prince didn't remove online )

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robin Horton:
    4now do I offend you by remaining on this forum? or anyone else </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Robin

Here is the post that sprint was referring to from this thread http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/for...=644102092#644102092

<span class="ev_code_RED">Here is my post that clearly shows me giving you a welcome back with concerns</span>

Hello Robin.... I thought you left farewell and goodbye post. I think you just joined the long list of ILW members who created farewell threads, only to return within a month or two I think iperson has surpassed "E" in the farewells to date.

So welcome back.. but it is disturbing 4me to see you interrrupt this thread with 10 links to some stupid opininated obama hater blogger without facts. It makes me think that you are being paid for every link provided, and I hope that is not the case.

It seems you are inappropriately (in the middle of a discussion)trying to shove down our throats in an "iperson style" (some person's blog ) of what we should be thinking or waking up to. Just because it is "blogged" does not neccesarily make it true

Ilw seems to have just become a blogging website these days, and perhaps you should consider making your own blog here.. oops I meant thread where you can freely post this guy's blogs or any other ones that do not seem to be supported by facts.

<span class="ev_code_RED">So where in that post does it appear that I want you to leave? YOUR opinion/discussions are of value here. However I do note that it appears that there is something going on in regards to Koller in regards to your talking points. I also see that you are inappropriately being deemed anti immigrant, when in fact you are only anti illegal. There are numereous thread titles to post any points that you want to make without appearing to "bait Koller"</span>

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    It is apparant everyone here is under stress. I just received the group prescription.

RX: Everyone is to get drunk and laid tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tonight's theme song

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied

I'll say it again. Amnesty stands zero chance of passing until our economy is back on its feet. The American people won't stand for it until there are more jobs to go around for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Robin Horton
    replied
    Can anyone explain to me why we are building a fence to keep illegals out when we our administation is working so digently to give all Amnesty.

Seems like a waste of money when ICE and local law enforcement can't arrest them and punish them accordingly. What's the point? False promises

Leave a comment:

• Robin Horton
    replied
    Check the weather history I arrived in Feb 1986 and it rained 189 days straight. People were depressed. Thanks for reminding me. I'd forgotten and I'm not kidding it did rain 189 days.

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Brit, Yes they did ask. Instead of asking the stinking commies why not ask the families of the south viets or south koreans or filipinos who were masacred and invaded by those *******s. Or how about the millions of jews who would otherwise be extinct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did the Iraqis ask for intervention by the USA? No. Bush did that himself for reasons other than the freedom banner he later adopted. But enough of the "who saved who" talk. It gets boring. I'd rather look forward than backward.

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    Koller,

I am other's have tried to explain to you in the past that your tone even in written form comes off as arrogant. That rarely get's anyone anywhere in life. Just words of advice for the future.

Fighting for what one believes in is RIGHT regardless of their views or values.

Yes, I did like living in Germany but I had the soft cushion of the American Govt to care for me while I lived there. I did not have to pay the forgot how to spell it mer something tax when you buy a large item such as a car. I had gas coupons that allowed me to purchase gas at American rates.

You know it works yet you state that you haven't been there in 25 years. Is it working in Europe? I do still talk to several Germans and they are telling me their economy is horrible. Are they lying to me? Very highly educated engineers which you seem to boast about. Both father and son are engineers for mercedes. Why would they tell me the economy is not good and yet you haven't been there in 25 years and your telling me how great it is.
    Who should I believe?

Capitalism did work in this country for a long time. Again if you are so happy with your social democracy go back to Europe that is why American exists those who did not favor the mindset of the European nations came here for a better life and indeed they created it. How dare anyone stomp on their dedication to make his a nation many steal, kill, rob, and lie to flee here. Explain that one please.

Government is corrupt! That is the problem, you may think they want to help you well wait and see it will get far worse before enough wake up and realize the true impact our present administration is placing on we the people.

I have tried to be polite yet you and Brit on serveral occasions have implied that I am ignorant and dumb. That is your opinion. Practice what you preach at the end of your posts.

Illegal immigration does deeply impact any nation otherwise there would be NO immigrations laws needed in any country. Try again!

Let's see I don't drink. One part I didnt like was the bar on every corner with men pissing on car tires, singing drunkenly down the street as my five year old tried to go to bed. The arrogance of the Germans! Yes, I love the people I've made friends with there and I've openly told them how I feel as I am telling you. Germans by nature are arrogant. Historians depict them that way and first hand experience has shown me. I didn't like my daughter having to watch people undress in public at the swimming pools. Some believe modesty is important in life. The smell in a crowded train or bus. Not being able to shop at my convience. Not being able to afford to buy clothing (back in 1986-1990) a pair of jeans cost $100.00 and the exchange rate was 1.82. I couldn't even afford to buy a shirt in Germany.

Yes, didn't Germany learn how to organise well. Tin soldier puppets who obediently followed and never once stood up to say NO, this is wrong, inhuman! Yet you want to accuse Americans of being cruel and inhuman?

I remember too each day watching my landlord who owned the entire top floor of my apt buidling struggle for 2 years getting up and down waiting for a hip replacement. I have memories too.. Just my eyes were wide open and not cloudy. I spent hours finding qualified physicans here in the United States for my landlords wife and son to seek medical attention and advice! I can only tell you what I've seen and you asked me.

Business fail when people become greedy or lazy. So let them fail that is part of capitalism too. Not bail outs.

So you approve of H.R. 509? Guess we differ, I think American children and people need 15 million each year spent on them, not turtles here and outside the U.S. Wow love those new planes they bought for Congress too! Come on Govt has gotten to big for it's britches and you want to give them more power.

They can't manage VA care, medicare, post office, etc.. and yet you and other's believe they can manage single payer health care. Make no mistake for a few years we will have choice but that is only to gradually prepare us for the finally Unconstitutional act of no more private health insurance.

I was polite when I resided in Germany even to those who mistreated me for being and American. Yes, I was not always treated well. Waitres in Frankfurt refused to serve me and my mother, now that is class and manners! I have never done anything personally to her, nor had my mother.

I would hope that the LPR's and illegal immigrant's here would show a little respect for our nations belief's, values, and LAWS. Is that to much to ask, expect?

I do not feel that we should be on an apology tour of the world. What have we to apologize for? Protecting other nations, feeding them, rebuilding them, saving them from Communism, etc.. A thank you ever once in awhile would be nice to hear.

Furthermore when I lived in Germany and worked for the American Govt there the laziest people in the world were the German nationals. Not being rude stating what I personally witnessed. They came to work drunk, one crane operator accidently torn down a building with people in it, after a leizurely lunch and many beers. If the German nations sneezed they abused the system by going off to German government health and relaxation spa's courtesy of the hard working Germans.

OO I did pay attention but as a guest I was respectful and tolerant.

Lack of Govt here hahaha.. Govt is to big here and they don't even abide or make other's abide by the laws they have prescribed. Corruption, and in my opinion taking advantage of the Mexican illegal aliens whom they hope will be registered voters if they can get Amnesty passed.

Be careful what you wish for. When chaos happens whose to blame? Those who obeyed the laws or those who willfully broke them? Guess laws are just silly little things to be ignored.

Our judicial system is in crisis and who does Obama put on the Supreme Court. La R***a herself! The are to interprete law not change it! I thin that is what Congress does, but then again I am so dumb maybe I'm wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gosh Robin, you forgot to mention that the wheather in Germany is horrible. Always cloudy, lots of rain never a blue sky.

I so hope you had at least nice wheather!

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation