•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• momof3
    replied
    Hi all!

Had my interview on April 21st......I had to sign my photo, swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth, answered 10 multiple choice questions on paper, printed a sentence and then read aloud a sentence. She said she knew I would pass and was filling out my information while I was timed for the test LOL! Said it would take a month for the oath but it didn't it took 3 months since they try to keep the cost down and we are very rural where we are at so instead of driving 8 hrs for the May and June Oath they are having me drive 110 miles for the July 21st Oath!

July 18th- Receipt Notice
    Oct 24th- Fingerprint Appt
    April 21st- Interview Appt
    July 21st- Oath Ceremony.

TIME 368 DAYS from start to finish!

Leave a comment:

• momof3
    replied
    UTBoy

I don't know if you check in here anymore, but I just had my interview on April 21st and of course passed. I had a 10 question multiple choice test and had to sign some papers. The officer said my oath ceremony should be in May or June sometime.

Thought I would update here!

July 18th- Receipt Notice
    Oct 24th- Fingerprint appointment
    April 21st- Interview appointment

Leave a comment:

• Utboy
    replied
    Momof3

I'm quite relieved to have my immigration journey come to an end. Generally, it was not bad at all for me. Currently I am waiting to get back my Naturalization Certificate and my passport. I was told I should be getting it sometime in January.

I hope you get your interview appointment soon for at least early in January 2006. Keep me posted on your progress. I will keep coming back on this forum to see what is happening. GOOD LUCK.

Leave a comment:

• momof3
    replied
    UTBOY

YAY! CONGRATULATIONS on becoming an American Citizen!

I bet it is a relief to have it completed and no more waiting!

I am glad everything went smoothly for you. What questions did they ask you for the test, if you remember them?

Me.....well I am STLL waiting for my INTERVIEW NOTICE! I am hoping now it doesn't come until after the holidays as airline tickets are going to be more expensive to fly to my appt.

When I was fingerprinted they told me they had been waiting for a part to come in so they can upload the fingerprints to the FBI. SO.....they expected it that week....which was Oct 24th when I went. I am hoping they got it squared away and this is causing a back log I am sure.

I am also hoping that I will be able to take the Oath 110 miles from our home so my husband and 3 children can attend. They only hold it twice a year there though so it may be that I hopefully can take the Oath in Anchorage when I go so I dont' have to fly back down there another time.

I take it you received your naturalization papers that day? I will be applying for a passport as well since we are supposed to go to the Virgin Islands for a wedding next summer, although I don't think I acutally have to have one. It makes life easier though.

Congrats again and thanks for updating me!

My TIMELINE:

July mailed application.
    Priority date: July 18th
    Fingerprint notice date: Oct 7th
    Fingerprint date: Oct 24th
    Waiting on Interview notice.

Leave a comment:

• Utboy
    replied
    Momof3

Finally my immigration journey has ended. I am now a Citizen of the USA (One of the greatest country in the world).

The Naturalization ceremony was held in downtown Salt Lake City at 10:00 am. I checked in at about 8:00 am where we were given a packet that included welcome letter from the President, a booklet that has a constitution, amendments, and other materials.

The ceremony started with watching the "Faces of America" video presentation, and then we sang the national anthem. After that there was a patriotic speech from the Daughters of American revolution and then we took the Oath of Citizenship. After the oath, the Federal judge gave the New Citizen remarks. Then we watched the welcome message (video) from President Bush. After all that a few people (New Citizens) gave a couple of remarks on how happy they were on this day and eventually we were given our Certificates of Citizenship.

I left downtown and went to my office and made some copies of my Naturalization Certificate and then went to the Post Office where I applied for a Passport ($ 97.00) Regular service which could take up to six weeks.

I am so excited and extremely happy on the privilege of becoming a US citizen.

Overall, the process has been fairly quick and smooth (4 months only). The USCIS has been more than fair to me.

Momof3 have you heard anything after your fingerprinting? Keep me posted on how your case progresses. Even though my Naturalization journey is coming to an end, I still will come to this forum. Good luck.

My Timeline:
    Application Mailed Last Week of July, 2005
    Priority Date: August 01, 2005
    Fingerprinting Notice Date: August 19, 2005
    Fingerprinting Date: August 27, 2005
    Interview Notice Date: September 13, 2005
    Interview Date: November 15, 2005
    Oath Date: December 01, 2005 @ 9:00 am
    Passport Applied: December 1, 2005

Leave a comment:

• Utboy
    replied
    Momof3

Last week I had my naturalization Interview. Everything went very well and the interviewing Officer was the best (very professional and friendly).

After arriving for my interview half an hour before my interview, I placed the appointment letter in the box and waited for about half an hour. He came out and called my name. We walked his office, and before I sat down I swore to tell the truth and nothing but the truth......the usual stuff.

He already had my file on his table and grabbed the N-400 I filed and started verifying my name, address and asking the very same questions that are in N-400. After verifying all the questions in N-400, he had me sign the front of my pictures, and sign the N-400 – the part that you are supposed to sign in front of an immigration official.

After all that he started asking me the test questions of which I passed all six and he congratulated me, printed and handed me form N-652 (Naturalization Interview Results) with – (1). You passed the tests of English and US history and government, and (2) Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. - Boxes checked. I was very excited and felt like jumping up and down but I kept my composure with a little bit of excitement.

After that he told me that I should be receiving an oath invitation letter in a few days for the December 1st ceremony. He asked me whether I had any question for him. I asked him when and where the ceremony was and he gave me the information. On Monday November 21st, I received Form N-445 – Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony for December 1st ceremony. I was and still am very excited. I could not ask for better timing than this.

Overall, the process has been fairly quick and smooth (4 months only). The USCIS has been more than fair to me, and the interviewing officer was the best. I am very excited about the entire experience and how fast everything has been going. Momof3 have you heard anything after your fingerprinting? Keep me posted on how your case progresses. Even though my Naturalization journey is coming to an end, I still will come to this forum. Good luck.

My Timeline:
    Application Mailed Last Week of July, 2005
    Priority Date: August 01, 2005
    Fingerprinting Notice Date: August 19, 2005
    Fingerprinting Date: August 27, 2005
    Interview Notice Date: September 13, 2005
    Interview Date: November 15, 2005
    Oath Date: December 01, 2005 @ 9:00 am

Leave a comment:

• chichi
    replied
    Hello, friends,

I am another one waiting for the interview. Receipt date of 25th April (Nebraska Service Center-chicago District office). I know each district office works differently based on the number of applications pending with them and so their processing times are different. I got my fingerprint done on June 4th and still waiting for the interview letter. I hope things move on little bit faster here in Chicago like you guys.

Keep up the good work of posting your updates for others.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• momof3
    replied
    UTBOY

Good luck on your interview! I went for my FP on the 24th. I went 2 hrs early and they fingerprinted me so that was nice and then the airline let me catch an earlier flight home.

Will let you know when I get the interview notice.

Let me know how your interview goes!

Leave a comment:

• Utboy
    replied
    Momof3,

I'm happy to know that you have finally received your FP notice. That is great news.

Eventhough you said it is not a big deal, I know it is because it shows that the case is being worked on. I remember how excited I was to receive mine. Do you know you could go for FP anytime if you want to? Hopefully you will get your interview appointment soon after your FP.

I am currently preparing for the Interview in the third weeek of November. I am going through all the Interview questions and hopefully nothing will go wrong from now up until oath time. I know at the local DO they have ceremonies at the District Court every month. I hope and pray that I can be part of the November Ceremony. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Good luck with every step of the way

Leave a comment:

• momof3
    replied
    UTBOY

Thought I would let you know that I received my FP notice today! It is for 3rd week of Oct. Plenty of time to book a seat on a plane and get a good price.

I talked to the congressman's office Friday and this was mailed from the local office Tuesday and I received it today.

I know it isn't that big of a deal but I am excited now after sitting here for 2.5 months without hearing anything!

Leave a comment:

• momof3
    replied
    UTBOY

I am sure you will breeze through the interview. Update me once you go please.

No FP yet (I think something happened to it personally).......about to write a Senator or someone as well as call USCIS. I don't think they can tell me if it was mailed etc. They seem to have no more information than I do. My local area is processing April 1st now.....I was hoping to be FP'd by now.

The reason I am anxious is the SNOW is coming...>WED they are calling for it and the highs are 48 right now. The 350 mile drive will be very dangerous in icy conditions and several mountain passes to cross. I was hoping to be done before the worst weather in Jan but at this rate who knows.

If you know of who I could write, if it is the Senators' office I need to write etc. Going to look up some more information on it.

Good luck to you!

Leave a comment:

• Utboy
    replied
    Momof3

I am not sure what is happening but I think that something has happened to you FP Notice. I hope you get it soon. Have you tried to find out (if there is a way to find out about whether they have mailed your FP). I hope you get your FP soon because it is way past due.

Anyway, I am quite excited that there is some progress on my case. I am not sure how my interview will go. I hope all goes well. I will let you know.

Goodluck

Leave a comment:

• momof3
    replied
    UTBOY

YAY on the interview. Good luck! I heard that the message you received is a good thing and it seems like it was.

Me.....still waiting on the FP notice.....nothing yet....about to call and see if something got lost. I got a parcel from our post office (contractor on base) and it had been sitting there for 2 weeks before they put a notice in our box! I hope the same has not happened with my stuff!

Keep me posted and let me know how your interview goes!

Leave a comment:

• Utboy
    replied
    When I got home I received an Interview appointment letter. My appointment is on the fourth week of November. I am so excited to have my case moving faster than I expected.

Leave a comment:

• Utboy
    replied
    I checked the status of my N-400 case this morning and got this message. "The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center". I am not sure what is happening whether my case I making some progress or it is lost and I should be prepared for a very long wait.

Momof3 have you heard anything from USCIS? Let me know what is going on.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation